• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice...

17 posts in this topic

It dragged and dragged. In my opinion, it only partially did what it was supposed to do: return the villians to a powerful prominence. The WW ending was really weak too (come on with the clay garbage). As you said, it looked pretty. Now, Marvel pitching Supes in to the sun, that's priceless.

Pat

i bought it out of habit.

now that I hae all 12 I might go back and read it in one shot, but ya...it was slow....both in release schedule and story.

does any comic not actually Aquaman need that much space dedicated to Aquaman?

there were some good scenes and of course, great art...but really...i feel this was a waste of time.

definitely a lot of dragging,but the art was great and it was a good story,but trying to keep up with the story every 2 months was impossible.

i forgot most of what happened before the next issue came out

That's why I plan on reading this in TPB format.

O, I did read it in TPB format. I collected all 12 issues, didn't read any of them, then read them all at once.

It still took me almost two weeks. I just couldn't handle reading more than an issue at a time.

Whereas in the last 24 hours I devoured Silent War.

I will reread the story when the third HC comes out. I agree with every here that the art is outstanding. What do you expect? It is Alex Ross. I just wish his original art for this series was much more affordable.

O, I did read it in TPB format. I collected all 12 issues, didn't read any of them, then read them all at once.

It still took me almost two weeks. I just couldn't handle reading more than an issue at a time.

Oh, o.k. So what made it so hard to get through (beyond what you posted; I've skipped panels/scenes/pages in books that were mind-meltingly slow or confusing)? Two weeks to read 12 comics is a long time.

Oh, o.k. So what made it so hard to get through (beyond what you posted; I've skipped panels/scenes/pages in books that were mind-meltingly slow or confusing)? Two weeks to read 12 comics is a long time.

Have to agree with the wonderment... the first collection took me all of about 20 minutes (most spent looking at the art) and I was wondering where the story was.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Whereas in the last 24 hours I devoured Silent War.

Amen brother. This series was awesome and I think most people missed it. I'd been thinking of starting a thread to recommend reading it in TPB form. A real sleeper. I just wonder how it fit into WW Hulk. Leaves me wanting more.

Pat

Cause it was bad? After reading an issue I just had no interest pickiing up the next.

Not bad... just decompressed to the point of almost nothingness... which I was surprised to see from Krueger.

If I had to grade the story and art separately, I'd give the story a B- and the art an A+. I think this series will read better at 2 or 3 sittings, not 12 spread out over 2 years.

I'd give the art an A++ (Ross fanboy) but the story definately a C-

This could have been 6 issues...8 max and if Ross and Kruger and whoever were so booked they could get it done monthly, they probably should have changed the timing. It wasn't continuity so there was no reason to plug it into the packed IC/OYL/52 year.

If I had to grade the story and art separately, I'd give the story a B- and the art an A+. I think this series will read better at 2 or 3 sittings, not 12 spread out over 2 years.

I'd give the art an A++ (Ross fanboy) but the story definately a C-

This could have been 6 issues...8 max and if Ross and Kruger and whoever were so booked they could get it done monthly, they probably should have changed the timing. It wasn't continuity so there was no reason to plug it into the packed IC/OYL/52 year.

Well, there wasn't much of a coherent story but I think Ross is partially responsible (as always) for making the writer look bad. Sure, the images are pretty but he can't really carry a story with his story-telling. Most everything looks too posed and it kills the impetus of turning the page which doesn't help our perception of the quality of the story. Let's put the blame where it partially belongs. That said, I will also read it in one sitting to see if it goes better ...