• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do these creators show up? Any SS out there?

67 posts in this topic

So, is the other one "that will never see the light of day" the EC reprint?

What do you want for the Wolvie?

it's not really for sale. you just peaked my interest when you said:

'Do you know the owner of the 9.2? I'll make them very happy!'

All right, so I've struck out on the Williamson SS. Such is life.

Next question: How do you know there are only two? I'm still relatively new to CGC, but I don't see who signed the books noted on the census, just that there are SS books. Is there another place to look for that information?

Because at the time they were witnessed there were only 2 witnesses. and both of the witnesses have told me only 2 were signed. One of the people who verified this happens to be Kevin Boyd the director of signature series.

Well, there were more than 2 Witnesses at that time, but Williamson made only one public appearance where we had Signature Series Witnesses present, and that was at the Pittsburgh Comicon in April 2003. Williamson's health became a concern after that show and he stopped making public appearances.

I got the Flash Gordon signed (it's a Marvel Select Flash Gordon #1) and sold it to Kris because he really, really wanted it for his collection and it was only one of the few that got done at that Pittsburgh show.

No, it's entirely possible that there is a Gladstone Weird Science reprint with a Williamson sig on it. I didn't oversee every book that got signed by AW at that show, but whatever got done at that Pittsburgh show is it. It might have been more than the two Kris identified, but it isn't much more than that, as he wasn't requested by many people.

It is sad, but, since this was one of the first conventions where Signature Series was offered, many people did not know what Signature Series was, nor did any of us know that it was Al's last public appearance.

SS was a new thing at that time. Even though SS had been around at conventions since late 2002, it didn't really pick up in a big way until Wizard Chicago 2005.

Hello, i had a question, i was wondering if these creators ever make show these days or if there are any SS books out there for these fine men.

Eduardo Barreto

Sal Buscema

Elliot S Maggin

Al Williamson

Al Milgrom

Scott Lobdell

Please let me know, thanks!

You really want Al Milgrom's signature? Sheesh...I still have nightmares about some of his covers on various early and 1980's Marvels! :o

I thought I heard Mike Zeck doesn't do the convention circuit anymore? Any word on this from our SS gurus?

You answered the question. Zeck doesn't do shows at this time, but who mentioned Zeck in this thread?.

Nuts! Well... I thought I heard something about this in another thread, and since this was a "do they show up" thread, I hoped I wasn't being a thread-jacker in my asking.

Thanks for confirming this though Kevin!

Zeck doesnt do shows but he is a great guy and willing to sign books if he has time. I just got my second shipment back from him with about 30 or so books signed as well as a head sketch on a Capt #50. Too bad that im not a SS guy or else they would all be going to CGC.

I just wish that CGC would allow creators to send the books directly to CGC to have them graded Signature series. If the books are postmarked and sent directly from the creators house I dont see how it couldnt be vailid. Zeck actually uses a specific type of return mailing label which has his website and information on it.

48664-zeck-3.jpg.5c7a2360cb16a82f794eb248c17900f1.jpg

Just a bunch of autographs....I didnt want to push my luck so I only requested one head sketch.

Books i got signed included the full run of Kravens Last hunt, A bunch of original Cap books (230 and on that he did with John Beatty and/or Bob Mcleod)

Few Hardcovers including the Art of Marvel and the Kraven Last Hunt HC.

No other sketchs...I thought he would surprise me again with a random sketch like he did with my punisher book...but im still happy.

Now if he will only agree to do a fallen son book!!! He says he has a stack waiting for him to do some will be slabbed and some are for friends and he will not take any requests on fallen son books untill he gets those done, which I understand completly.