• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

I guess I'm going to try and focus more on fewer titles, which is extremely tough for me to do.

That said, my Vampirella's are steadily growing and now I'm looking at Jumbo's and Phantom Lady's.

Golden Age just seems to have an overwelming appeal :cloud9:

That said, my Vampirella's are steadily growing and now I'm looking at Jumbo's and Phantom Lady's.

A lot of people find themselves looking that way.

Unusual euphemism though, "my Vampirella's".

Jack

Rick:

And no offense to fans of FF & X-Men, but where others saw their in-house bickering as "real life angst," my take on it was that I see enough of this in my own life....

I agree. As a kid I wanted my superheroes to be heroic.

:cool:

I don't collect JLA, but I thought you guys might like this recent purchase which arrived today. Picked it up for £60 ($120) which I think is worth it just to have one, whatever the grade! :grin:

Can they be found more cheaply than that?

JLA1.jpg

JLA1bk.jpg

It's a lot better than the copy I have.

Rick

This is rapidly becoming my new favourite single comic in my collection. Just looking at it knowing it's a silver age key first issue. I think perhaps my new calling is to acquire all the great silver age keys in ultra low grade! Beggars can be choosers too.

Rick

This is rapidly becoming my new favourite single comic in my collection. Just looking at it knowing it's a silver age key first issue. I think perhaps my new calling is to acquire all the great silver age keys in ultra low grade! Beggars can be choosers too.

I have one in similar condition, maybe more ragged edges. I called it Fair. Is the cover attached to yours?

Mine's stashed away and I don't have a scan. Next time I'm at the Fortress of Solicitude, I'll try to find it and post a scan to compare.

Jack

I don't collect JLA, but I thought you guys might like this recent purchase which arrived today. Picked it up for £60 ($120) which I think is worth it just to have one, whatever the grade! :grin:

Can they be found more cheaply than that?

JLA1.jpg

JLA1bk.jpg

Looks about like my #2!

My number #1 can be found in the Grading Forum... please post your grades! (thumbs u

Rick

I have one in similar condition, maybe more ragged edges. I called it Fair. Is the cover attached to yours?

Mine's stashed away and I don't have a scan. Next time I'm at the Fortress of Solicitude, I'll try to find it and post a scan to compare.

Jack

Yes it's attached, by a bunch of scotch tape! I'm not sure if it's classed as Fair of Poor. I think Poor is really for comics with big pieces missing (like front covers), so Fair seems right to me.

I've now decided that my JLA 3 isn't up to my quality standards and I "need" a better one with less spine wear. I'm not willing to sacrifice whiteness though. I'm driving myself so crazy....

:mad:

Edited by Hepcat