• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

Went by the LCS today and the books are in a safety deposit box. I got pictures of the scans they made of them and will post them when I get home. They've already gotten offers of $50k for #1 and $20k each for 2 and 3. I'm guessing they'll walk out the door at $100k combined.

Wow! He should do the deal if he's got those offers. Those are really high prices for the #2 and #3.

Congrats to whomever was willing to pay MORE than $4,000 for #14.

Ditto for the MORE than $2,000 paid for #34.

And of course, the $6,800+ for the new #4 KOTH !!

You picked up on the same sales that I did, although I'd also add the 9.6 PC #18, which went for $3560, as being pretty extraordinary, particularly given the existence of another 9.6 copy (in your collection, I believe). For what it's worth, I was either the underbidder or 2nd underbidder on the #14, and figured I was going to take it in a cakewalk with my "monstrous" bid. I was stunned when I realized I'd been outbid.

For what it's worth, particularly compared to the prices paid for the later 9.6 issues, I thought the $6800 price for the #4 wasn't bad, especially given that the Toth copy is "only" a 9.2.

I was the under-bidder on both the #14 & the #34, Tim. I initially thought $3500 was more than enough for the Atom issue, then threw the $4K bid at (I thought) the last 5 seconds. Turns out I was 20 seconds early -a lifetime in the world of sniping. Stinkin' watch. Thought for sure I was finally gonna fill that hole. Oh well, hopefully this will draw more out...? Heck, I'd settle for a strong 9.0 !

The #34 was just for $$ boosting. I knew it would bust out due to a PC freak or a spec bidder counting on the movie to prop it up.

Toth's copy is "only" a 9.2...like mine. Yeah, I guess a 9.4 sole TC copy of a #4 ish is worth close to 3X... Funny, a year and a half ago the 2nd best was "only" an 8.5; sheesh, when it rains it pours.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna up-date my JLA spreadsheet (and I do mean UP-date). Thank you #18 buyer! :devil:

Rick

Went by the LCS today and the books are in a safety deposit box. I got pictures of the scans they made of them and will post them when I get home. They've already gotten offers of $50k for #1 and $20k each for 2 and 3. I'm guessing they'll walk out the door at $100k combined.

Wow! He should do the deal if he's got those offers. Those are really high prices for the #2 and #3.

Tim,

that JLA #1 would look great next to your BB #28.... :baiting:

Agree with the offer on the #2 and #3... :o (Cheetah, you did really mean

20K each...not 20K for both)

Tim,

that JLA #1 would look great next to your BB #28.... :baiting:

Agree with the offer on the #2 and #3... :o (Cheetah, you did really mean

20K each...not 20K for both)

Just reporting what I was told. I told him I thought it was a good price on the 3. I think he likes the books so much that he doesn't want to sell them right away. Kinda like basking in their reflected glory. I think they'll be gone by this time next week, though.

Ok guys, as promised, the last of my JLA's is up for sale in the marketplace:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2383629&page=1#Post2383629

I can't believe you would spam the silver age forums with this. For shame!

I have two nice JLAs for sale here too, though the 9.0 14 has sold already. :shy:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2384072&page=1#Post2384072

Ok guys, as promised, the last of my JLA's is up for sale in the marketplace:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2383629&page=1#Post2383629

I can't believe you would spam the silver age forums with this. For shame!

I have two nice JLAs for sale here too, though the 9.0 14 has sold already. :shy:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2384072&page=1#Post2384072

:tonofbricks:

It's more common in the golden age forum to post marketplace links because a lot of the GA collectors never look in there

With these big finds coming out, does it scare you away from bidding on these top census books. There is a 9.4 Flash 123 in Heritage and this JLA find makes me nervous to even bid on them.

With these big finds coming out, does it scare you away from bidding on these top census books. There is a 9.4 Flash 123 in Heritage and this JLA find makes me nervous to even bid on them.

Yes and no.

Prior to these big finds, if there was a book I really wanted which was the "highest census book" (ie: JLA #6 CGC 9.4)....I could see myself bidding very very aggressively to win it at all cost (thinking this is my only shot at having this book because there will never be another 9.4 or better book). But, now I'm not too sure about that. This may be the ONLY 9.4 or better copy or there could be a few more (possibly surfacing in the next 5-10 years as collections are being sold for various reasons).

Yes and no.

Prior to these big finds, if there was a book I really wanted which was the "highest census book" (ie: JLA #6 CGC 9.4)....I could see myself bidding very very aggressively to win it at all cost (thinking this is my only shot at having this book because there will never be another 9.4 or better book). But, now I'm not too sure about that. This may be the ONLY 9.4 or better copy or there could be a few more (possibly surfacing in the next 5-10 years as collections are being sold for various reasons).

i think tim needs this book so you don't have to worry

Yes and no.

i think tim needs this book so you don't have to worry

I am new. Who is Tim and what book does he need?

I am new. Who is Tim and what book does he need?

The real question is what book DON'T I need? The holes in my collection are many, and the actual issues owned are few.

Tim is "tth2," a forum member who's been around awhile, who likes the occasional 9.4 & above CGC comic.

He's got money. Stay out of his way.

Hi Tim!

Rick

PS: the book in question is mentioned in spookley's post above.

That was the old Tim, Rick! Don't forget, I've downsized my collection significantly!

Tim is "tth2," a forum member who's been around awhile, who likes the occasional 9.4 & above CGC comic.

Hi Tim!

Rick

That was the old Tim, Rick! Don't forget, I've downsized my collection significantly!

i suspect the "new" tim might own a jla #6 9.4 by the end of the week :baiting:

Hi Tim!

Rick

i suspect the "new" tim might own a jla #6 9.4 by the end of the week :baiting:

Not if you keep broadcasting it to the world! :pullhair: I think Rick just doubled his punishment bid.