• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

unbelievable prices in this Sunday's Heritage Auction. 8-11x guide for a few 9.6's, issues #65,66,70

:tonofbricks: Rick got a great deal from me on a 9.6 #78 then.

Seems like the action was mostly in the later issues, though. The prices for the earlier issues were not particularly impressive, even though there were a decent number of 9.6s.

Don't feel too bad, Tim; it seems interest drops off dramatically after the Kubert covers (72-73) ...the Supes vs Supes brawl(74)...and the impossible black n purple cover of #75 (no 9.6s). Besides, I'm sure my iron will shall falter at the availability of your 20's -no matter what my wallet says-.

As for the price imbalance, I'm guessing it's collectors that only went after issues 1-30 (maybe even up to 50) for the longest time, and are only now extending their sets to include higher #'s. Plus, acquiring (almost)any pre-'70 DC issue in 9.6 would be considered a safe buy/investment.

Rick

Anyone interested in a JLA #64 or #66 CGC 9.6 :whistle:

Got my #66 in '05.

Upgrade my #64...? hm

PQ? Pic? Price?

Rick

Rick,

I know it has White Pages...

I did get a scanner for Christmas, but I haven't yet taken it out of the box...

just been too busy at work...will try to post a scan in the next week or so...

Price... hm ...negotiable...

unbelievable prices in this Sunday's Heritage Auction. 8-11x guide for a few 9.6's, issues #65,66,70

JLA 70 went for over $700 :o ...I wasn't even following the sunday auction....

Hefty prices on the JLA #65 and 66....I remember similar numbers for JLA #64 and 66 in a previous Comiclink auction months back...

is there a 66 available?? :gossip:

The 9.8 JLA #101 just went for 12X Guide. It was one of the better centered copies that I've seen, but still...

WOW! :o

Boy, that really surprises me that it had to be "rescued" by Halperin/Heritage, because the winning bid in the Heritage auction didn't seem out of whack with market expectations, either too low or too high. It really surprises me that no "real" bidder was willing to shell out $35K for the book, even knowing that the 9.6 copy was going to be coming up on Pedigree.

I do agree that the bottom corners, particularly the right corner, are soft. I haven't seen this book in person, but I can confirm that the Toths are very nice books.

Nit-picking time:

That LRC looks like it has a CBC to me (tiny though it may be), and I must be seeing things, cuz the LLC looks like it went through a "shade" change from black to gray...? Anyone else see this? If that's any type of resto, then the blue label...uh, nevermind. I wouldn't put a realistic bid on this without examining it in hand first. Just as well, can't afford it right now anyway.

Rick

The 9.8 JLA #101 just went for 12X Guide. It was one of the better centered copies that I've seen, but still...

My elitism may be showing, but no way I'm shelling out over 5 Bills for a post-1970 post-#100 book with a cut off DC logo & right edge thumb mark. Congrats to the winner; I'll use my $500 elsewhere.

Rick

Got my #66 in '05.

Upgrade my #64...? hm

PQ? Pic? Price?

Rick

Rick,

Finally have the new scanner up and functional, as of tonight.....

JLA #64 CGC 9.6 White Pages....

JLA64newscanner.jpg

JLA 70 went for over $700 :o ...I wasn't even following the sunday auction....

Hefty prices on the JLA #65 and 66....I remember similar numbers for JLA #64 and 66 in a previous Comiclink auction months back...

is there a 66 available?? :gossip:

Michael,

Scan will be sent shortly...

Got my #66 in '05.

Upgrade my #64...? hm

PQ? Pic? Price?

Rick

Rick,

Finally have the new scanner up and functional, as of tonight.....

JLA #64 CGC 9.6 White Pages....

JLA64newscanner.jpg

Awesome