• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

John that top and right edge of issue #11 just doesn't look right? :eek:

Just got my 11 and 28 in. The 11's cover looks to me like it was cut smaller than the interior pages on both the top and right sides. I don't believe there is any trimming involved.

3253568275_110cfff84a_o.jpg

There looks to be a piece of lint by the 12c and a splinter by Wonder Woman's foot. Doesn't look like anything chipped from the book.

3253567385_1827a35463_o.jpg

I think he`s saying they look a little too clean and sharp and also appear to be slightly smaller than the dimensions of the pages. But perhaps he should have PM`d you with such a comment.

Sorry John I didn't intend to slag the book whatsoever just wanted to comment on the fact that the cover looks "short" in comparison to the interior pages. Not something you see very often, my apologies.

John that top and right edge of issue #11 just doesn't look right? :eek:

Just got my 11 and 28 in. The 11's cover looks to me like it was cut smaller than the interior pages on both the top and right sides. I don't believe there is any trimming involved.

3253568275_110cfff84a_o.jpg

There looks to be a piece of lint by the 12c and a splinter by Wonder Woman's foot. Doesn't look like anything chipped from the book.

3253567385_1827a35463_o.jpg

I like that Atom has a balloon on the cover of #28 instead of a little tiny sign! lol

Prices on BA JLAs continue to be puzzling. This nice JLA #82, not one of the issues that seems to constantly come up in ultra-HG, and relatively well centered for a BA book (I tend to penalize up-down centering less harshly than left-right centering), sold for only a bit over 5X Guide. I thought it would go for much more.

Edited by tth2

Besides the up-down centering problem, I was put off by the LRC; flaking/chipping at the very least & not my idea of a 9.6. Plus it only has OW-W (compared to my 9.4 White). Otherwise, I would have bid more.

Besides, we're all saving our money for your books, Tim. (thumbs u

Rick

Besides the up-down centering problem, I was put off by the LRC; flaking/chipping at the very least & not my idea of a 9.6. Plus it only has OW-W (compared to my 9.4 White). Otherwise, I would have bid more.

Rick

Still a lot of our books left too Rick. lol

:grin: (thumbs u

Damn, I thought that I was picky!

Rick

:blush:

Wow, How'd you guys let this thread slip to page 2?!

I just finished a 3-week+ poker tournament at the Wynn, dealing 6 days a week instead of my usual 4(plus overtime). What's your excuses?

As for the Heritage & C'Link auctions, extremes on both ends...bargains & brain blowers! I just finished my bidding & fared much better on the Link. Will have specifics once I tally it all up. All I'll say for now is, whoever got the #64 9.6 White...you're welcome. I missed that one as I went down the list of potentials. I saved you at least $100!

So, spook/Tim, what're your general conclusions about these latest results. Off the top of my head, the 9.8s and any early top census JLAs got real sick, while most of the others dropped off. Concur?

Rick

Wow, How'd you guys let this thread slip to page 2?!

I just finished a 3-week+ poker tournament at the Wynn, dealing 6 days a week instead of my usual 4(plus overtime). What's your excuses?

As for the Heritage & C'Link auctions, extremes on both ends...bargains & brain blowers! I just finished my bidding & fared much better on the Link. Will have specifics once I tally it all up. All I'll say for now is, whoever got the #64 9.6 White...you're welcome. I missed that one as I went down the list of potentials. I saved you at least $100!

So, spook/Tim, what're your general conclusions about these latest results. Off the top of my head, the 9.8s and any early top census JLAs got real sick, while most of the others dropped off. Concur?

Rick

there were just waaaaaaay too many JLA's in this auction for prices to hold firm. of course, somehow i managed to pay more than i wanted to for the #13.

of course, somehow i managed to pay more than i wanted to for the #13.

Wow, wouldn't have picked you to be the winner after seeing the price! :applause:

I got one of the cut-rate books, the #41.

of course, somehow i managed to pay more than i wanted to for the #13.

Wow, wouldn't have picked you to be the winner after seeing the price! :applause:

I got one of the cut-rate books, the #41.

won a book the night before for way less than i was willing to pay- threw the "savings" at the #13. plus i've got a 9.2 that i bought well that i'll sell.