• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

OK, before I post pics of recent acquisitions...anyone here score with the CLink auction?

Lotsa pre-100 / 9.6 / White issues.

I had my eye on half a dozen, but was only able to put bids thru on 3 of 'em. Got zero.

Silver lining here...JLAs are still worth something (monetarily of course, we all know the stories & art are cr@p) !

Can ya Boast? Or are you Toast (join the club).

Rick

OK, before I post pics of recent acquisitions...anyone here score with the CLink auction?

Lotsa pre-100 / 9.6 / White issues.

I had my eye on half a dozen, but was only able to put bids thru on 3 of 'em. Got zero.

Silver lining here...JLAs are still worth something (monetarily of course, we all know the stories & art are cr@p) !

Can ya Boast? Or are you Toast (join the club).

Rick

two bids- toast, wasn't even close. i thought some of those 9.6's went for crazy $ until i checked GPA and realized they were in line to down w/ the last sale.

Congrats krey!

You paid less than 5% more than I did for mine two years earlier, so -factoring 3% inflation- you actually did better than me, financially.

But mine is an old label, so there!!

:slapfight:

Now, you got a righteous #26 for me? Anyone???

Kudos again, Rick

Thanks! I don't feel so bad now. And from what I understand it is the "Toth" copy. I see the "Toth" books are being talked about a lot lately.

I was going to say that the back cover looked so clean it looked like a Toth.

I like to pull out my Toth copy of #10 every now and then to admire it, because it`s got such phenomenal eye appeal.

Hey krey it was one of ours I got your transfer request for the registry the other day. Thanks for posting it and the enthusiasm.

Like I mentioned in my thread there will be some raw JLA group lots from our collection up for auction the last week of the month, I think it's mainly some of the later stuff but they havn't put up a description yet.

:grin: (thumbs u

Bizarre action on the JLAs that just sold on Comiclink.

9.6 JLA #30, better centered and nicer, in my opinion, than the 9.6 copy I sold on Heritage in Feb, went for $600 less. Only the 2nd 9.6 copy, so this was a real surprise to me.

Equally surprising the other way was the 9.6 PC JLA #18. This has been up for sale several times in the last few years, and it seems like there's been a 9.4 or 9.6 #18 in just about every major auction recently. And yet, the price explodes here to $2260. :o

Other surprises were the 9.6 #32, one of the most common JLAs in 9.4 and higher, went for $1101, which again was really a surprise to the high side, and the 9.8 #38, which was miswrapped, at $2599. Wow.

I concur, Tim, simply weird.

I'll say up front that I bid on about half a dozen of them, and wound up with goose eggs. If these prices somehow remain sustainable, I'm definitely going to cash in. Has a JLA movie started up again? Maybe paperheart is making a run for my crown? (:

I figured the #30 would be out of reach based on the 1st sale, so I didn't bother. I nudged up the #18 a bit, and the #32. As for #38?? What recession?! And I believe I was the under-bidder on the #64 9.8W. Oh well...

Still on the fence about the #2 9.6 that sold on Pedigree yesterday for only $8200 (following a $15K sale). The current census clearly reveals it to be a pressed re-subbed 9.4, but years down the road, will anyone remember (or care)?

relief regret relief regret relief regret relief regret...............

Rick

I concur, Tim, simply weird.

I'll say up front that I bid on about half a dozen of them, and wound up with goose eggs. If these prices somehow remain sustainable, I'm definitely going to cash in. Has a JLA movie started up again? Maybe paperheart is making a run for my crown? (:

I figured the #30 would be out of reach based on the 1st sale, so I didn't bother. I nudged up the #18 a bit, and the #32. As for #38?? What recession?! And I believe I was the under-bidder on the #64 9.8W. Oh well...

Still on the fence about the #2 9.6 that sold on Pedigree yesterday for only $8200 (following a $15K sale). The current census clearly reveals it to be a pressed re-subbed 9.4, but years down the road, will anyone remember (or care)?

relief regret relief regret relief regret relief regret...............

Rick

i thought the #2 was the same book doug sold for $9300 earlier this year. i was the underbidder then but didn't bother playing this time.