• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

three things I always wondered about Chuck's Church collection

158 posts in this topic

In a nutshell- MH2 was a collection of books that were never distributed,and were "officially" destroyed by the newstand distributors.They were in fact not destoyed and Chuck got his hand of the majority of the stash.The owners of the books were a bunch of small-time crooks who were involved with a certain organization whose membership is largely Itralian.Chuck ended up with about two million newstand new books,mostly Marvel,but someone beat him to almost all the X-Men.

thanks for clearing that up for me.

i knew the story about the E. Church collection but never heard the story on the MH 2 collection.

In a nutshell- MH2 was a collection of books that were never distributed,and were "officially" destroyed by the newstand distributors.They were in fact not destoyed and Chuck got his hand of the majority of the stash.The owners of the books were a bunch of small-time crooks who were involved with a certain organization whose membership is largely Itralian.Chuck ended up with about two million newstand new books,mostly Marvel,but someone beat him to almost all the X-Men.

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the response. I too, was wondering about the Cosa Nostra reference.

I am still waiting to "hit the jackpot". I have advertisements all over the place! Recently, I had the opportunity to place an ad in a senior's recreation center. It was suggested by a friend of mine whose wife works there. I figured, why not? The place has over 100 - 200 visitors a day... maybe someone has some books lying around. This was 2 months ago, I've had one call foreheadslap.gif But, I am still hopeful and there have been numerous numbers taken off the poster 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks to the poster's of this thread. It has been an enjoyable read. I remember the days (early 80's) when Chuck used to do the shows in Montreal. He always had some sweet books! If only I knew then... makepoint.gif

If anyone is interested, this is the poster I have up: Yes, I used a couple of images that I found of group shots on these boards. I say this before the "theft" accusations begin to fly! It's not like I am using them for fraudulent eBay auctions! foreheadslap.gif

Anyways, I hope this little ad nets me a nice collection someday 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

WantedPosternonum.jpg

John thumbsup2.gif

i think i read in a thread awhile back that stuff was all "leftover" aftre a few guys had picked through it already

i might be wrong though confused-smiley-013.gif

A number of people were offered the collection,and one of the sons sold a couple of handfuls of books to dealers.I discussed one transaction with him here awhile ago.But,as far as I know,the only big hits were someone got almost all the New X-Men books before Chuck did.

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the response. I too, was wondering about the Cosa Nostra reference.

I am still waiting to "hit the jackpot". I have advertisements all over the place! Recently, I had the opportunity to place an ad in a senior's recreation center. It was suggested by a friend of mine whose wife works there. I figured, why not? The place has over 100 - 200 visitors a day... maybe someone has some books lying around. This was 2 months ago, I've had one call foreheadslap.gif But, I am still hopeful and there have been numerous numbers taken off the poster 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks to the poster's of this thread. It has been an enjoyable read. I remember the days (early 80's) when Chuck used to do the shows in Montreal. He always had some sweet books! If only I knew then... makepoint.gif

If anyone is interested, this is the poster I have up: Yes, I used a couple of images that I found of group shots on these boards. I say this before the "theft" accusations begin to fly! It's not like I am using them for fraudulent eBay auctions! foreheadslap.gif

Anyways, I hope this little ad nets me a nice collection someday 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

WantedPosternonum.jpg

John thumbsup2.gif

No wonder you've only gotten one response, there's no way to contact you. Perhaps you should put your phone number down or say to leave a message with "Bessie" in Room 212 or something. poke2.gif

No wonder you've only gotten one response, there's no way to contact you. Perhaps you should put your phone number down or say to leave a message with "Bessie" in Room 212 or something. poke2.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I think you may be onto something there! I thought it was my excessive use of exclamation points!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, I used a couple of images that I found of group shots on these boards.

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

And?

Let me guess, you feel proud to know that a random grouping of comics that you may, or may not own was used in a wanted poster.

John confused-smiley-013.gif

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

And?

Let me guess, you feel proud to know that a random grouping of comics that you may, or may not own was used in a wanted poster.

The images, and arrangement of them, are his and protected as his copyright under intellectual property laws, and you should have asked his permission before using them.

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

And?

The images, and arrangement of them, are his and protected as his copyright under intellectual property laws, and you should have asked his permission before using them.

Ya, I guess I should have... sorry.gif

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

And?

What he said! sumo.gif

And the comics are all mine as was the arrangement, though the books themselves are copyright Marvel.

Not that I stay mad for very long. flowerred.gif

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

And?

What he said! sumo.gif

And the comics are all as was the arrangement, though the books themselves are copyright Marvel.

If I have offended you in any way, I apologize.

I was searching for random groupings of comics and didn't want to make my own. Most of the images actually turned up in a Google image search. I guess I really wasn't thinking of the "legal ramifications" of using these images. I always thought that images on the web that weren't copyrighted were in the public domain? But alas, I am not a lawyer and didn't think the old folks would care much about it. Thanks for enlightening me on this issue. I will be sure to not let it happen again, afterall, we wouldn't want anyone to feel duped! I am on my way to the center to remove the posters...

Darn... what am I gonna do about my avatar? I can't really draw too well, I wonder how much the artist (points to anyone who knows who it is) will charge for it's use 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

John makepoint.gif

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

And?

*spoon*! I should have gone to law school! This is how Hui pays for those sweet DCs - legal advice at $600 an hour. Figure this post is worth twenty bucks.

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

And?

*spoon*! I should have gone to law school! This is how Hui pays for those sweet DCs - legal advice at $600 an hour. Figure this post is worth twenty bucks.

Ironically, most of the lawyers I know wish they had done a different vocation. I even worked at a restaurant in WPB that was owned by lawyers. I can't imagine trading in a legal career to work in and run a restaurant, but they did. Well, at least for three years until they went bankrupt.

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

And?

God, I hate those bastards who use images of comic books on the web without permission.

Noticed that. yeahok.gif

And?

What he said! sumo.gif

And the comics are all as was the arrangement, though the books themselves are copyright Marvel.

If I have offended you in any way, I apologize.

I was searching for random groupings of comics and didn't want to make my own. Most of the images actually turned up in a Google image search. I guess I really wasn't thinking of the "legal ramifications" of using these images. I always thought that images on the web that weren't copyrighted were in the public domain? But alas, I am not a lawyer and didn't think the old folks would care much about it. Thanks for enlightening me on this issue. I will be sure to not let it happen again, afterall, we wouldn't want anyone to feel duped! I am on my way to the center to remove the posters...

Darn... what am I gonna do about my avatar? I can't really draw too well, I wonder how much the artist (points to anyone who knows who it is) will charge for it's use 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

John makepoint.gif

the artist name is ron english, i believe, one bad mojo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his art is awesome!!!!!