• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Heaven Feedback

8 posts in this topic

The bidding process is from the stone age, wish they would update that. I don't mind paying a 10% deposit if you could easily register a bid online. Also, of the recent books that are listed are the prices shown minimum bids, BIN's or current bids? confused.gif Its not very clear.

agreed. very unclear!

but, i called them on the phone and they seemed very helpful.

as i am in Australia they said i can just email my bid in. but apparently there are no bid increments.

eg. if your highest bid is $1000 and someone else's highest is $500, you win for $1000. there are no increments!

STONEAGE!

agreed. very unclear!

but, i called them on the phone and they seemed very helpful.

as i am in Australia they said i can just email my bid in. but apparently there are no bid increments.

eg. if your highest bid is $1000 and someone else's highest is $500, you win for $1000. there are no increments!

STONEAGE!

Yes, their bidding process is very much slanted in favor of themselves.

Not a very open bidding process from the buyer's point of view as you are basically bidding blind. Comic Heaven simply gathers up all of the bids at the end of the bidding period and selects the highest bid. If this highest bid is above their undisclosed reserve amount, than this is the successful bid. Must save on the administration fee over a real on-line live auction.

To top it all off, you also have to place a 10% deposit in order to validate your bids. If you are unsuccessful, apparently it takes them a few months to return your deposit back to you.

Bottom-line: Auction format is slanted very much in Comic Heaven's favor although they have been running with this format for as long as I am aware.

I took a quick gander at their site. They have a raw Silver Surfer #1 graded at VF. If you know for a fact that the book is not VF, and you purchase it, can you still take advantage of their 14 day money back guarantee?

Their VF is my FN+. There is a heck of a lot of spine stress going on there. smirk.gif