• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online Comic Subscriptions Question

11 posts in this topic

So im about to go pick up my comics at my LCS that is an hour away and Im going to cancel my subscription with them as the drive is getting to be to much of a hassle. Plus they really arent that cool to talk to.

Does anyone know any good online subscription sites i can use to have my books shipped straight to me? Preferably a place that will also ship them nicely and not bend the books.

Ill check back when i get back in a little bit...thanks again!

-David-

hi.gif

Like others on the boards, I'm using www.dcbservice.com and have nothing but great things to say. First, the books have always been well packaged and in better shape than those at the LCS. Second, you have flexibility in shipping options: no bag and board or bag and board with several options, monthly or twice a month or weekly shipping. My books are packaged on the last Wednesday of the month and I receive them on Friday morning from DHL. The introductory rates on some big new books and new trades / collections are nice and I believe shipping charges are reasonable. All in all nothing but a great experience.

Like others on the boards, I'm using www.dcbservice.com and have nothing but great things to say. First, the books have always been well packaged and in better shape than those at the LCS. Second, you have flexibility in shipping options: no bag and board or bag and board with several options, monthly or twice a month or weekly shipping. My books are packaged on the last Wednesday of the month and I receive them on Friday morning from DHL. The introductory rates on some big new books and new trades / collections are nice and I believe shipping charges are reasonable. All in all nothing but a great experience.

DCBS rocks! They have fine-tuned their ordering functions too - much appreciated thumbsup2.gif

There are a couple threads in the Moderns section that deal with this and answer any questions you might have.

On average, what percentage of books from them arrive NM and can you pay extra to ensure NM books? I'm sick of receiving sub-standard books and just canceled my sub this week for the second time in two years.

On average, what percentage of books from them arrive NM and can you pay extra to ensure NM books? I'm sick of receiving sub-standard books and just canceled my sub this week for the second time in two years.

All my books are NM, but I don't have mine shipped overseas like they would have to do with you. Is there someone in Europe on this board who gets mail orders sent to them that can provide some feedback?

www.mailordercomics.com

I don't think I've ever received a book from them that was less than NM. Discounts average about 35% off cover price.

That's great news....they must've changed their shipping methods b/c I quit them because they weren't doing a hot job of packing correctly (granted this was 2+ years ago).

That and I won't read Moderns anymore.

At DCBS, I would say I've received 3 books that weren't NM in the over 3 years I've been with them. I e-mailed and requested another copy on one of the books.

thansk for all the response. Just got back from my now old LCS. I was really hating only getting books once a month because of the drive so ill check out some of those sites and see what fits me best. Thanks again guys!