• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are comics manufactured with only one staple rare?

12 posts in this topic

I recently found I had a silver age comic that was manufactured with only one staple. The other staple has no been removed, it was never there to begin with, as there are no staples holes in the cover in that spot.

Is this rare? Any chance it would sell for a premium? How would CGC treat this case?

Too bad its not a postage stamp or coin, when those are manufactured with errors they command big bucks. Why is that? Do people just enjoy seeing the government screw up things?

I recently found I had a silver age comic that was manufactured with only one staple. The other staple has no been removed, it was never there to begin with, as there are no staples holes in the cover in that spot.

Is this rare? Any chance it would sell for a premium? How would CGC treat this case?

Too bad its not a postage stamp or coin, when those are manufactured with errors they command big bucks. Why is that? Do people just enjoy seeing the government screw up things?

I collect GA books, and I would say that about 1/4 of my collection or more are 1 staple books. All of them come with a blue label.

I collect GA books, and I would say that about 1/4 of my collection or more are 1 staple books. All of them come with a blue label.

During the War comics were printed with one staple due to the metal shortage.

Exactly! 893applaud-thumb.gif my 1 staple books should be worth more because it's harder to keep the cover attached with just 1. grin.gif

So many how staples need to be saved to make one tank? Five billion?

This is how it went.

Every person and business was given a ration for everything from meat to rubber to metal.

You could go over your ration but at a major penality (tax).

Now remember how tight wads comic book companys were.

There was no way they were paying for an extra staple.

27_laughing.gif