• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OPG #1 copy

13 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a copy (literally, a copy, like a reprint or xerox or whatever) of Overstreet #1, any suggestions?

There's a 1993 1st Ed.replica that came free with something (can't remember what, but someone will know). Probably find one on eBay from time to time.

Here's the Amazon listing for it:

The Comic Book Price Guide 1st Edition Special Collector's Reproduction (Overstreet's GiveAwayGimmick #2)

3c14225b9da02ac0a77c0110._AA240_.L.jpg

I'm looking for a copy (literally, a copy, like a reprint or xerox or whatever) of Overstreet #1, any suggestions?

There's a 1993 1st Ed.replica that came free with something (can't remember what, but someone will know). Probably find one on eBay from time to time.

The Comic Book Price Guide 1st Edition Special Collector's Reproduction (Overstreet's GiveAwayGimmick #2)

I just threw my copy of that out two days ago.

It came probably in the Overstreet Magazine or maybe in the CBG. I can't remember which.

Should point out to you that this replica is only a reprint of some selected titles from the 1st OPG. Basically it covers all of the DC and Timely books with a light scattering of some of the other GA titles such as Mystery Men and Pep Comics. Yet at the same time, there are no listings for Wonderworld or Archie Comics.

Nowhere near to being a complete replica.

It came probably in the Overstreet Magazine or maybe in the CBG. I can't remember which.

Not quite - came in Overstreet FAN #3 with the dinosaur cover.

Should point out to you that this replica is only a reprint of some selected titles from the 1st OPG. Basically it covers all of the DC and Timely books with a light scattering of some of the other GA titles such as Mystery Men and Pep Comics. Yet at the same time, there are no listings for Wonderworld or Archie Comics.

Nowhere near to being a complete replica.

Yeah exactly... it's more of a fun look at a few books as a opposed to a complete listing.

Not quite - came in Overstreet FAN #3 with the dinosaur cover.

Yes, Overstreet Fan is the Overstreet Magazine to which I referred.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone has made a complete copy of the book, it would be nice if Gemstone/Overstreet would make a complete DVD searchable set of all the price guides.

A couple of years ago I made several spreadsheets of the price changes from PG #1 to the present of the "Top 10" lists (Gold, Silver, Horror, Western and several other genres). It was time consuming but it is nice to have now. I would have gladly paid to have electronic copies of the information.

Maybe with CBG making their DVD collection we'll see a Price Guide set. I would also like to see a collection of the original Comic Book Marketplace.

Good luck with your search.