• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic related animated gif. help for web page!

66 posts in this topic

Try this site for cool freeware/shareware programs

Freeware=totally free;don't expect support

shareware=functional program, should pay fee to developer if you use it

tryware=software you can try that imposes restrictions, must pay to receive code that will unlock features for full functionality;typically used by commercial products

gossip.gif Can anyone recomend a Free animator that works good and is easy to use. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I downloaded Animator9 3.6 but have not been able to figure it out yet, anyone try this one gossip.gif.

Thanks; Terry

grin.gif well I figured out the Animator9 3.6 I downloaded and got this I can now make it loop and go any speed I want but I don't see any thing to make the background transparent? confused-smiley-013.gif

CSM3-animate.gif

27_laughing.gifanyone dizzy yet.

cool.gifguess I will play with this one some more and see what I can do. cloud9.gif

So Flee what software do you use?

I'm using an ancient version of Photoshop for the images and ImageReady for the animation. I am hoping to update to the new Adobe CS3 stuff in the next week or so. I looked at the first file cosmic-spiderman put up and noticed in the second frame it had a frame delay of 166 seconds. So technically it was looping but you had to wait about 2-1/2 minutes for it to loop again.

cosmicgreggy.gif

893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gifhail.gifWOW! now that is what I want to do but maybe with something else in the middle, please gossip.gif tell me how and what do I need, can it be done with a free animators? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I have photoshop on my computer and I tried to just remove the background from some of the frames before I animated them but that did not work either. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks; Terry

I'm using an ancient version of Photoshop for the images and ImageReady for the animation. I am hoping to update to the new Adobe CS3 stuff in the next week or so. I looked at the first file cosmic-spiderman put up and noticed in the second frame it had a frame delay of 166 seconds. So technically it was looping but you had to wait about 2-1/2 minutes for it to loop again.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif So how did it get the delay on the second frame? did I somehow do it without knowing? It looped fine in the preview and it had a setting for the speed but when I saved it and put it on photobucket it did not work like the prewiew. That first one was made on some gamemaker program my nephew downloaded off the net and the animator on it has a box to check to make the background transparent which I checked, but it did not work it still has the white background. Any help would be greatly appreciated 893crossfingers-thumb.gif.

Thanks; Terry

I'm trying to teach myself CS3 now. I still have the old photoshop stuff and go back to it every now and than just because I know where everything is. But some of the tricks CS3 has in it is sweet. This old dog will learn how to use it and where all the buttons are hidden at.. 27_laughing.gif

I use photoshop for my images and flash for the animation. Will also use Fireworks, just more familiar with PS.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif So how did it get the delay on the second frame? did I somehow do it without knowing? It looped fine in the preview and it had a setting for the speed but when I saved it and put it on photobucket it did not work like the prewiew. That first one was made on some gamemaker program my nephew downloaded off the net and the animator on it has a box to check to make the background transparent which I checked, but it did not work it still has the white background. Any help would be greatly appreciated 893crossfingers-thumb.gif.

Thanks; Terry

Just open the photos in photoshop duplicate the layer and delete the original.

Now use the majic wand tool to delete the background.

Now all you should have left is the actual photo.

Save it as a gif.

I did it with one of the photos you sent me.

1885241-1gif.gif.977e99639d901275b8c879265d1e3e78.gif

Just open the photos in photoshop duplicate the layer and delete the original.

Now use the majic wand tool to delete the background.

Now all you should have left is the actual photo.

Save it as a gif.

thumbsup2.gif Thanks Rich I will give that a try it should work. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks; Terry

I'm not sure how the second frame got that delay, but I waited the 166 seconds to see if it looped again and it did. In ImageReady software in order to have Spidey appear to be circling something, you need to make sure that the middle object layer is behind the front of the loop layers and ahead of the back of the loop layers. The side of the loop layers don't really matter because they don't interact with the middle object. Hope that isn't too confusing.

Hey Cosmic.

Glad to see you're still drawing. hi.gif

hi.gifHi; mica thanks, actually that the first time I picked up a pincle since those drawings I posted on here quite a while back, I got interested in making some anminations and I found out that I sure can't draw with a computer mouse. crazy.gif So I done them in pincle and scaned them into my photoshop, cut them up into frams next will be the hard part coloring every single one of them. Christo_pull_hair.gif

But it is cool I already have lots of great ideals for animations just wish I had more time to work on them. cloud9.gif

smile.gifHow about you been drawing anything lately. gossip.gif

I'm not sure how the second frame got that delay, but I waited the 166 seconds to see if it looped again and it did. In ImageReady software in order to have Spidey appear to be circling something, you need to make sure that the middle object layer is behind the front of the loop layers and ahead of the back of the loop layers. The side of the loop layers don't really matter because they don't interact with the middle object. Hope that isn't too confusing.

hi.gifHi; Flee Yes thanks that makes good sense and I think I can do that ok. In the one you made is the background transparent? Like if I put it on my webpage and my webpage back ground is a picture of outer space would it just look like Spidey was flying around in outer space or would it still have a large white box around him? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks; Terry

Hi; Flee Yes thanks that makes good sense and I think I can do that ok. In the one you made is the background transparent? Like if I put it on my webpage and my webpage back ground is a picture of outer space would it just look like Spidey was flying around in outer space or would it still have a large white box around him?

foreheadslap.gif Well I just answered my own question, I put your version on my webpage and it does still have the large white box around it, well darn. frown.gif

gossip.gif Is it even possible to make the background transparent on a gif. like this? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks; Terry

Hi; Flee Yes thanks that makes good sense and I think I can do that ok. In the one you made is the background transparent? Like if I put it on my webpage and my webpage back ground is a picture of outer space would it just look like Spidey was flying around in outer space or would it still have a large white box around him?

foreheadslap.gif Well I just answered my own question, I put your version on my webpage and it does still have the large white box around it, well darn. frown.gif

gossip.gif Is it even possible to make the background transparent on a gif. like this? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks; Terry

Yes it is. Try this one.

spidertrans.gif