• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers Nostalgia

7 posts in this topic

So the Transformers film (which IMO was only okay, but a decent summer movie -- maybe they can do better with the sequel) awakened my nostalgia for the old TF comic from the 80's.

I was surprised to see very few of these covers on CAF. Anyone have any to show off? I think my first ever comic that actually got me buying the whole series was Transformers #7 (Ratchet v. Megatron!!) Anyone know where that particular cover is?

J

So the Transformers film (which IMO was only okay, but a decent summer movie -- maybe they can do better with the sequel) awakened my nostalgia for the old TF comic from the 80's.

I was surprised to see very few of these covers on CAF. Anyone have any to show off? I think my first ever comic that actually got me buying the whole series was Transformers #7 (Ratchet v. Megatron!!) Anyone know where that particular cover is?

J

Funny that you say that - the #7 cover, and the shockwave cover (#5?) are what got me to pick up the series back in the day as well. #1 looked neat at the time also but looks pretty dated now, Bill S or no.

Great topic! #5 is one of the best all-time comics covers - really great art and a nice way of integrating the story with the cover blurb. Anyone know of where this cover lives?

My favorite story from the early run was #13 - where the hood finds the amnesiac Megatron and uses him to climb up the criminal underworld. Anyone know of the whereabouts of this cover as well? I'd love to pick it up!

It's not published, but I love the atmosphere of this piece of Galvatron in duo-tone I just picked up from up-and-coming artist Alex Sanchez:

galvduo.jpg

I also loved this piece he has up in his color gallery:

minihotrodbuste%20copy.jpg

It wasn't available for sale, so I commissioned him to do two pieces, of ole' Prime and Megatron, in the same style. They're coming my way this Friday yay.gif

I'm also currently in the midst of working out a deal for a cover or two from a Dreamwave and/or IDW book(s). I'll post back with pics when the deal is closed!

And Miser, please share! IF you have it that is. Yeah, prove it! tongue.gif

-Bob

Great gallery, Joe! That Infiltration #6 covers is one of my favorite covers from the past year. Man, Guido sure knows how to draw him some mean bots. Also wanted to let you know I really dig your recreations... mmmm TF #75 :)

-Bob