• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE SMOKING GUN FRENZ ON ASM BOOKS

34 posts in this topic

Here's Some Frenz Covers I got mind you the ASM252 is GacGuy's book but the seller used this as the stock image in his for my sale too and I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet so used his image. grin.gif

I CALL THIS MY RON FRENZ ASM FRENZY

ASM251.jpg[/img]

ASM252-1.jpg[/img]

ASM255.jpg[/img]

ASM258.jpg[/img]

ASM259.jpg[/img]

ASM260.jpg[/img]

ASM265.jpg[/img]

ASM269.jpg[/img]

ASM270.jpg[/img]

ASM271.jpg[/img]

ASM272.jpg[/img]

ASM273.jpg[/img]

ASM275.jpg[/img]

ASM276.jpg[/img]

ASM277.jpg[/img]

ASM280.jpg[/img]

ASM283.jpg[/img]

ASM284.jpg[/img]

I love this era of Spidey books. Once I finish school next year, the first books I'm buying are ASM # 200-325. I have never seen a 9.8 or even a 9.6 of # 261 up for sale on ebay in the past year, or just seen one period I guess. It's my favorite Spidey cover of the 80s, and it's gonna be kind of a mini-grail once I have money to start collecting. The 240s-270s are really hold a special place in my heart. smile.gif

I love this era of Spidey books. Once I finish school next year, the first books I'm buying are ASM # 200-325. I have never seen a 9.8 or even a 9.6 of # 261 up for sale on ebay in the past year, or just seen one period I guess. It's my favorite Spidey cover of the 80s, and it's gonna be kind of a mini-grail once I have money to start collecting. The 240s-270s are really hold a special place in my heart. smile.gif

Funny you should mention I'm selling a 9.6 on ebay right now of 261 and I agree the cover is a masterpiece. The only reason I'm selling it is that I'm getting my grubby hands on a 9.8 from a major collector. If you want my book I can assure you that the 9.6's don't go for that much as I paid 50 or 60 for it but doubt it will shoot that high on my re-sell. And if money is somewhat of an issue and you need a couple of weeks to pay remind me your from the boards if you win and I'll give you a couple weeks no problem guy. I like to see people get books they want. It is rare that I will say.

Here's a link and a scan:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...p;rd=1&rd=1

edee_3.JPG

I still think that ASM 252 is the big winner of that batch! smile.gif

cloud9.gif

That scan of it is a little dull, much better in person. angel.gif [/quote

Yeah that's my photo bucket dulled down scans as I wanted to fit them all in on one post. Congrats to you on getting the "stock Copy" tropic comics used on those auctions as I'm sure it was the nicest looking of the lot. Hope mine is close to or just as good! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Funny you should mention I'm selling a 9.6 on ebay right now of 261 and I agree the cover is a masterpiece. The only reason I'm selling it is that I'm getting my grubby hands on a 9.8 from a major collector. If you want my book I can assure you that the 9.6's don't go for that much as I paid 50 or 60 for it but doubt it will shoot that high on my re-sell. And if money is somewhat of an issue and you need a couple of weeks to pay remind me your from the boards if you win and I'll give you a couple weeks no problem guy. I like to see people get books they want. It is rare that I will say.

Here's a link and a scan:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...p;rd=1&rd=1

edee_3.JPG

Awesome! That looks flawless, that's exactly what I'm looking for once I graduate. 9.6-9.8 don't mean as much to me as qp and overall appearance of the book. I really am broke though. frown.gif

Oh well, I'll be back in the comic game in a year or so, for now I'm just looking at scans and drooling. smile.gif

# 259 is actually a big deal for me also, not the best cover, but the first book I remember buying off the newsstand with my own money ( I think it was at a 7-11 ). Sentimental value and what not.

Btw, I have been looking for this book to pop up on ebay for over a year and I've seen 1 cgc graded and it was a 9.4. So if anyone is putting together a ASM run and you don't realize how tough this issue is, trust me, it's tough, I'm obsessed with this issue and Web # 32 and they both rarely pop up.

Alright enough shilling for someone I don't even know, I'm just sorta obsessed with this issue. tongue.gif

Btw, I have been looking for this book to pop up on ebay for over a year and I've seen 1 cgc graded and it was a 9.4. So if anyone is putting together a ASM run and you don't realize how tough this issue is, trust me, it's tough, I'm obsessed with this issue and Web # 32 and they both rarely pop up.

Alright enough shilling for someone I don't even know, I'm just sorta obsessed with this issue. tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Web of 32 you say????893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just got these in the mail last week from a fellow board member comicfreak. Originally I planned on getting them all in CGC 9.8 but all 6 Signature Series versions with spidey head sketches to boot. Blew me on my . And I said........

takeit.gif

lasthuntseths.jpg