• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 13

Choose next comic to depart list  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Choose next comic to depart list

103 posts in this topic

X-men?

WHHAAAA!, you are kidding right???

893whatthe.gif

Kidding about what Wally?

Well I quess you are reffering to 100% pure SA archs

because the BA is chocked full of sweet archs in uncanny.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No doubt on the UXM being chock full of goodness.

But, from what I have read, the SA stuff was decent to unbearable. The art was, for the most part lackluster (save some issues like 12, 13, 16, and the Adams/Steranko stuff) and lets be honest, there was a reason the title struggled and was almost canceled.

Thor never had that problem.

X-men?

893whatthe.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But, from what I have read, the SA stuff was decent to unbearable. The art was, for the most part lackluster (save some issues like 12, 13, 16, and the Adams/Steranko stuff) and lets be honest, there was a reason the title struggled and was almost canceled.

I know I am going to get A Lot of tomatoes for this

But I haven't even read one single issue of The Mighty Thor...

Ever.

I guess I am not even fit to vote in this poll...

sorry.gif

X-men?

893whatthe.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know I am going to get A Lot of tomatoes for this

But I haven't even read one single issue of The Mighty Thor...

Ever.

I guess I am not even fit to vote in this poll...

sorry.gif

893whatthe.gifboo.gifpoke2.gif

There is some really really good stuff in there Wally.

early Herc battles, always great is the 155-157 Ragnarok arc,160-169 is just damn loaded with Galactus' origin and back story plus his nasty asss battle with Ego.

High Evolutionary makes his appreance in ish 134, Ego in the 130's. great surfer story in 193...

I wonder if JIM & TOS will split the Marvel vote? I'm baffled by the B&B #28 votes.

I too am baffled at the Thor votes and the BB.

It's not baffling at all if you realize that many of the folks here are voting purely on party lines.

early Herc battles, always great is the 155-157 Ragnarok arc,160-169 is just damn loaded with Galactus' origin and back story plus his nasty asss battle with Ego.

High Evolutionary makes his appreance in ish 134, Ego in the 130's. great surfer story in 193...

ok, ok, where should I start...

JIM?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

JIM?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

try the issues I outlined above. Especially the 155-157 arc

Given the Marvel's Zombies inability to think, the rest of the voters need to be careful in making our votes count.

Vote for Iron Man ( TOS 39) this round and then THOR ( JIM83) NEXT ROUND

JIM?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

JIM absolutely! 112 1st Thor v Hulk, 114 1st Crusher Creel, and 118 1st Destroyer, all favorites of mine thumbsup2.gif

I also really liked 116 Trial Of The Gods

JIM?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

JIM absolutely! 112 1st Thor v Hulk, 114 1st Crusher Creel, and 118 1st Destroyer, all favorites of mine thumbsup2.gif

I also really liked 116 Trial Of The Gods

True, its hard to go wrong with anything in the JiM run, especially from 112 on.

I wonder if JIM & TOS will split the Marvel vote? I'm baffled by the B&B #28 votes.

Thor is a no-brainer for me to last a while longer and go after IM, X-Men, and Hulk.

Better stories, better villians, and imho, better art keep Goldielocks around for at least 3 more rounds.

Thor had some very very good arcs and one of the SA's most memorable in Thor 155-157.

Name me a good Hulk arc popcorn.gif howsa bout a good IM arc? X-men?

Speaking for the X-men the 1st 14 issues had the introduction of some major villains including Magneto, Juggernaut, the Sentinels,the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, then later on you had Steranko's short but great run followed by an even better run by Neal Adams. While I agree, the SA X-Men were the weaker of Marvels early titles, their BA reboot would not have been possible if the later issues had not shown some return to life in sales.

Given the Marvel's Zombies inability to think,

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

the rest of the voters need to be careful in making our votes count.

Vote for Iron Man ( TOS 39) this round and then THOR ( JIM83) NEXT ROUND

thumbsup2.gif

It's not baffling at all if you realize that many of the folks here are voting purely on party lines.

ah, but it is baffling if you find this sort of behaviour juvenile and stupid. why adults would go to such great lengths to keep their minds closed to great books simply because they're published by one company or the other really makes me go screwy.gif

I went with B&B 28 this round. Partly because I am a "marvel zombie"... and partly because.. if B&B 28 is such an important comic.. how come nobody wants one?

If someone lined up all the 8 remaining books and said "here, pick 7 of these that you would like to own and leave one behind." Whether people want to admit it or not, most people would leave the B&B28.