• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In the Spirit of giving

238 posts in this topic

SpiritDec141941.jpg

Will Eisner was such a genius! hail.gif

Thanks for a great thread, Watcher! 893applaud-thumb.gif

SpiritDec141941.jpg

I'm so glad you're enjoying it, adamstrange. As most of the reprints were in b&w, it was great to finally read the stories in true color. I'll begin the next group with 1942 sometime tomorrow. Be sure to check back.

Angelo

SpiritDec141941.jpg

I'm so glad you're enjoying it, adamstrange. As most of the reprints were in b&w, it was great to finally read the stories in true color. I'll begin the next group with 1942 sometime tomorrow. Be sure to check back.

Angelo

I have a set of 10 B&W reprints of his pre-War Spirits and, while I love my DC Archives, it is just not the same as seeing the original comics.

15Sep1940.jpg

Oh my God! That is bad beyond belief. Beautiful Spirit section....but pc it ain't. Wow.

Scott

Eisner took quite a bit of heat over the Ebony character. As much of a stereotype his appearance is, the character was actually very positive.

Angelo

Great Stuff!

Okay, I finally figured out why my scanner was washing out the page color. So, from now on you'll get to see what they actually look like. I'll probably have to go back and re-scan the entire first set of sections foreheadslap.gif Let's get back to the fun with 1942

SpiritJan041942.jpg