• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

I can get to PMs through "My Stuff" but what about if you want to PM a member from his post? Where is the "PM this member" box in the individual posts?

Go to "Your UBB Buddies " in the option drop down menu in the top left...

Yeah, I see that but I used to be able to just PM you from your post in this thread.

Now I have to go to "My Stuff" and PM you from there? And add you if you aren't in my buddie list? :need Hairpulling icon:

Click on my User Name... ;)

Is there anyway to delete most of my 114 pages of PMs in one fell swoop, or do I have to go through each page individually? :crazy:

Click "Check All" and then uncheck the ones you want to keep...

One other thing, when you replied to me I see at the top of your post: [Re: Jayman]

But I don't see [Re: ArAich] on mine, how come?

EDIT: I see now it's only at the top post on the page...

One other thing, when you replied to me I see at the top of your post: [Re: Jayman]

But I don't see [Re: ArAich] on mine, how come?

Only works when you use the quote function...hopefully that gets fixed...:::>>>insert Fingers Crossed greamlin HERE<<<:::

I'm just glad to see that the forums are as filled with mutual respect and love as they have always been. Thank you all for your patience and your balanced and positive feedback.

That's sarcasm.

;):whistle:

No one doubts the intent was well-meaning, it's the results we are having problems understanding.

I think the new Coke reference is quite relevant. :sick:

I'm just glad to see that the forums are as filled with mutual respect and love as they have always been. Thank you all for your patience and your balanced and positive feedback.

That's sarcasm.

No one doubts the intent was well-meaning, it's the results we are having problems understanding.

I think the new Coke reference is quite relevant. :sick:

Not if you're a Pepsi drinker... :P

Well said, Ze! (and I am not going to quote you, since we all know how that looks at the moment).

I totally understand why Arch would reply the way he has though. If I was in charge of this update tragedy, I would be embarassed and begging people for patience too. Then I would start updating/sending out my resume as soon as possible...

1) I love the scrolling quotes.

2) I don't like that you cannot see who you are replying to without quoting. As JC said, these could be an issue in sales threads....although you should really be quoting what you're buying anyway.

3) I like the 'offline' light in a persons post. I think that's new

4) Colors are horrid.

5) I really like the new PM structure, once I figured it out. Makes much more sense.

6) Where is the 'all' button to view the entire thread? Didn't it used to be there under every post?

7) Speed is definitely improved.

8) Gremlins blow chunks. I would like to see the old ones restored plus some of the new ones that we asked for in a thread a long time ago.

Those are my thoughts so far...some good, some bad.

• Administrator

That's sarcasm.

While I understand wholesale changes like this are going to take time to work out all the bugs. I think even you can appreciate what it was like to log onto the boards and see everything changed so drastically

It was shocking. And not in a "hey WOW, this is new.. wow.. Hey..whats this.. ?? Hey... whats that??.. Cool!! I am kinda lost but it sure is fun trying to figure out all this new stuff"

Instead we walked into a half baked version of chat board purgatory. You knew all along this was going to happen and I assume have worked VERY hard to try and make it happen. But this wholesale change caught everyone else completely unawares. You took away the place we called our online home for many years and replaced it with an unfinished house, so of course it was a shock to the system that you were not more upfront about the proposed changes, or asked for input from a select group before going live with this.

We will have to just sit tite and wait for things to work themselves out, and deal with those things we might not like that still remain.

Not trying to be sarcastic.. just honest.

Ze-

Acutally, my opinion is that that's a hysterical mob-think reaction of silly proportions, and that 95% of all of the navigation of this new version is just about the same, with a variety of improvements.

1. A very cool multi-person PM system

2. The ability to attach multiple images and have them appear in-line instantly without having to re-link the images

3. A noticeable hardware upgrade that's sped the boards up

4. Some nifty new things like moods

5. A wider selection of post icons

6. An improved calendar interface

7. An improved poll interface.

8. Frankly, an improved layout and style sheet despite some needed tweaks, that has gotten rid of alot of distracting and over-emphasized lines all over the screen.

8. Misc. others

In the meantime, the complaints (all very easy tweaks) seem to be mostly:

1. There's too much grey.

2. We want more contrasting colors so new posts leap out at us.

3. A (very annoying) IE6.0 bug for those using that browser.

4. The graemlins are missing.

5. I don't like to see ads that help to support the costs and maintenance of a resource that I spend loads of time on and really like. You moved them and now I'm angry.

6. We need to get the "replied to" text back.

While I'm all in favor of making adjustments to the boards so that everyone here has a good experience, the sheer drama of the complaints is a bit much. "I'm blind!" "THIS SUUUCCCCKKKSSS!!!!!!" "I have a massive headache, I need a vacation from the boards!!" etc. etc. I mean... wow.

In summary, the evil effects of this "massive upheaval" are exaggerated. I understand that we're all creatures of habit, but c'mon. If anyone has a nervous breakdown over that short and fairly trivial list of issues, they might want to re-think their priorities.

all I can add to your post above Arch, is, well, "which Boards have YOU been moderating all this time?" the posts so far have all been well withing the spectrum of reactions to EVERY issue here.

Some people scream it sucks.

some are understanding

some love it

some nitpick

and others are quick to complain.

Hey, that describes all of us here!

So dont take criticisms personally... arent you supposed to be above such petty human emotions anyway?

: )

Acutally, my opinion is that that's a hysterical mob-think reaction of silly proportions, and that 95% of all of the navigation of this new version is just about the same, with a variety of improvements.

1. A very cool multi-person PM system

2. The ability to attach multiple images and have them appear in-line instantly without having to re-link the images

3. A noticeable hardware upgrade that's sped the boards up

4. Some nifty new things like moods

5. A wider selection of post icons

6. An improved calendar interface

7. An improved poll interface.

8. Frankly, an improved layout and style sheet despite some needed tweaks, that has gotten rid of alot of distracting and over-emphasized lines all over the screen.

8. Misc. others

In the meantime, the complaints (all very easy tweaks) seem to be mostly:

1. There's too much grey.

2. We want more contrasting colors so new posts leap out at us.

3. A (very annoying) IE6.0 bug for those using that browser.

4. The graemlins are missing.

5. I don't like to see ads that help to support the costs and maintenance of a resource that I spend loads of time on and really like. You moved them and now I'm angry.

6. We need to get the "replied to" text back.

While I'm all in favor of making adjustments to the boards so that everyone here has a good experience, the sheer drama of the complaints is a bit much. "I'm blind!" "THIS SUUUCCCCKKKSSS!!!!!!" "I have a massive headache, I need a vacation from the boards!!" etc. etc. I mean... wow.

In summary, the evil effects of this "massive upheaval" are exaggerated. I understand that we're all creatures of habit, but c'mon. If anyone has a nervous breakdown over that short and fairly trivial list of issues, they might want to re-think their priorities.

you very specifically and purposefully left off the evil side-scrolling nested quote thing from the list of problems. the implication is that you don't intend to fix it. for that you should be strung up by your nethers and forced to listen to the theme song for "Who's the Boss?" until your frontal lobe either dissolves or explodes

:kidaround: