• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

rantrantra :takeit::popcorn::censored::screwy::baiting: just trying out the old standbys. :mad:

You can get around this by just using the CODE to the images... Right click and choose Properties.. Then cut and paste

takeit.gif

yay.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

[img=http://boards.collectors-society.com/images/graemlins/default/takeit.gif]  

[img=http://boards.collectors-society.com/images/graemlins/default/yay.gif]

[img=http://boards.collectors-society.com/images/graemlins/default/confused-smiley-013.gif]

Thanks Shin !!!

Certainly do not like the new look!!

My biggest coincern is the very miniscule font size for the posts. Is there some way to change the default font size so that they are as large as the quote font size which is probably three times as large?

I can just see all the old timers leaving the GA boards since it's just so difficult to read the posts now. Especially when you have bifocals and it's now easier to read without your glasses, but your face is about 10 inches away from the screen.

My biggest coincern is the very miniscule font size for the posts. Is there some way to change the default font size so that they are as large as the quote font size which is probably three times as large?

I can just see all the old timers leaving the GA boards since it's just so difficult to read the posts now. Especially when you have bifocals and it's now easier to read without your glasses, but your face is about 10 inches away from the screen.

Hold down the "CTRL" key and either

If your mouse has a scrolling wheel, scroll down, OR

Hit the "+" or "-" keys

This makes the fonts larger (and smaller)

:thumbsup:

not calling you a liar or nothing, but they're pretty blatant on my monitor.

Pretty BLATANT? I see very light brown-gray to slightly darker brown-gray, and I can't imagine the type of bizarro monitor that would display those two colors as BLATANTLY different.

settle down, Beavis. here's what i see. two distinctly and readily visible colours for read and unread threads. not sure why i am doing this because i doubt it will show up any differently as a gif, but what the hey

Of course saving pics as gifs will affect, since gif image format can only display 256 different colors.

Difference could also be caused by different web browsers??

btw earlier you mentioned using only 16 bit color settings. For full color spectrum TrueColor (32bit) is needed.

Here's what I see (pic saved in png lossless format)

boards.png

compare it to pic you posted..clearly different

41040-blatant.gif

Hit the "+" or "-" keys

Duff;

Thanks for trying to help here.

The only problem is that the fonts for everything goes up or down accordingly. As a result, the quote section and the member data on the left hand side are unnecessarily large. What's even worst is that by incresing the font size, you can no longer see the entire width of the screen. You now have to scroll back and forth to read the post.

Anything else that I should be trying here?

Hit the "+" or "-" keys

not calling you a liar or nothing, but they're pretty blatant on my monitor.

Pretty BLATANT? I see very light brown-gray to slightly darker brown-gray, and I can't imagine the type of bizarro monitor that would display those two colors as BLATANTLY different.

settle down, Beavis. here's what i see. two distinctly and readily visible colours for read and unread threads. not sure why i am doing this because i doubt it will show up any differently as a gif, but what the hey

Of course saving pics as gifs will affect, since gif image format can only display 256 different colors.

Difference could also be caused by different web browsers??

btw earlier you mentioned using only 16 bit color settings. For full color spectrum TrueColor (32bit) is needed.

Here's what I see (pic saved in png lossless format)

boards.png

compare it to pic you posted..clearly different

41040-blatant.gif

I see the very light version on my computer. It takes me a minute to focus before I can see the new posts. These new colors are not friendly for color blind people

It's gloomy & depressing.

On the plus side....the upgrade has completely cured me of my addiction to this place. Another day or 2 with it looking like this, and I'll finally be free.

me too. Not the same any more.

r.

The last few pages of posts in this thread have actually cheered me up. I am encouraged to know that there are so many fellow posters who care as much as I do about these boards.

I hesitated to even come here today because I assumed by now everyone would have fallen into place as good little soldiers.

At least I can have multiple PM conversations. (trying to be positive)

I finally realized what these colors reminded me of, they look like most of the colors in a funeral home. Where as on the old site the colors were bright, colorful (Dare I say), comic colors.

It just seems funny when CGC thought of changing their holder they brought out samples for people to look at. You would have thought they might have at least asked for our opinion, asked what we felt was wrong, what things were good, what we loved etc. and then incoperated those opinions into this site. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that CGC has this forum and I appreciate the work that Arch and everyone does here.

When we make changes to our site at work we look to our users for input and we try to incorporate those opinions into the design. Yes in the end some things just can't be done, but on the whole we try to make most people happy. Our last change took over a year because of all the new things people wanted while holding onto many of the old things.

I'm not happy about the new look. washed out & confusing to me IMO.

Well I'll get used to it , no doubt.

It's been 3 days and I still don't like it one bit. Not a bit. I'd love for there to be an option to change colours. Also the font of the thread titles is too small.

R.

I'm not happy about the new look. washed out & confusing to me IMO.

Well I'll get used to it , no doubt.

It's been 3 days and I still don't like it one bit. Not a bit. I'd love for there to be an option to change colours. Also the font of the thread titles is too small.

R.

Ok so I forgot but most of these things are being addressed. My bad...too much tequila last nite.

Arch, thanks for attempting to improve the boards. I'll certainly remain patient as you work through the difficulties you're experiencing and as you process and consider constructive criticism.

I'd agree, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better, and this "brown turd look" might be close to the final product.

I'd agree, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better, and this "brown turd look" might be close to the final product.

I don't know why this wasn't rolled out on a Monday.

By doing it on a Thursday they had only one day to improve things before they went away for the weekend.

Don't expect any major repairs to show up until Monday.

poke2.gif

Another thing I was wondering about,,,,,

Why does the link from the main CGC page go to the Collectors Society Page? Why not have it go directly into the CGC Forums like before? 99.9% of the users who go to the CGC page are looking for a comic forum not coins or cards.

But, hey that's just me.

• Administrator
Another thing I was wondering about,,,,,

Why does the link from the main CGC page go to the Collectors Society Page? Why not have it go directly into the CGC Forums like before? 99.9% of the users who go to the CGC page are looking for a comic forum not coins or cards.

But, hey that's just me.

Good point. We'll fix it. The old link it was using is invalid now, so it's redirecting to the generic home.