• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 14 Retro

112 posts in this topic

Round 13 found Iron Man & TOS #39 departing.

Round 14 will prove a challenge for everyone in that you have to post your choice manually. I can't find the Poll Feature with the new update so we'll approach this a different way. Still select just one book from the list below. It's going to be an inconvenience for me but I will bear that cross for you all. (Not sure where the wiseacre or laughing emoticon is. )

THE SILVER AGE MAGNIFICENT 7

Amazing Fantasy #15 - 1st Spidey

Showcase #4 - 1st SA Flash

Fantastic Four #1 - 1st FF

Incredible Hulk #1 - 1st Hulk

X-Men #1 - 1st X-Men

Journey Into Mystery #83 - 1st Thor

Brave & The Bold #28 - 1st JLA

I'll try to tally this up for Sunday night around 8:30 pm.

I'm going with Journey Into Mystery #83 & Thor.

I do like a lot of his villians, but I still think he is a "lesser" star than what is left. I don't base my opinion on this list based on value because then it's AF #15 & Showcase #4 according to Overstreet. I try to keep "Silver Age" in mind with my references somewhat. (Though that can imperil X-Men possibly. )

one vote for X-Men 1, please.

Its a tough call for me between X-Men 1 and Hulkie-poo.

I will have to vote Hulk off the island.

Canceled after 6 issues :whatthe: and then had to share a title with Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Pizzed-off Man and then Namor...

Canceled after 6 issues :whatthe: and then had to share a title with Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Pizzed-off Man and then Namor...

totally agree, short life span for the original series, Iconic status or not...Hulk goes

totally agree, short life span for the original series, Iconic status or not...Hulk goes

And when really did Hulk become an icon? Im asking this question seriously. Its easy to figure with X-Men as GS1 and X-94 are the jumping off part.

Does Hulk piggy-back on the X-Men bandwagon as it is has the first apperance of the most popular BA character? Hulk 181 was a early/mid 70's book, no?

Im looking at the books from the SA Hulk run and am thinking, outside some of the earlier ones that there aint a lot special going on there

I believe that Hulk iconed out in the 70's with the TV show. Marvel always used Hulk and Spidey as the poster children for the company, and again, if you asked mosy folks to name a marvel character, prior to the X-plosion they would have have said, Spidey or The Hulk...just my opinion :)

I believe that Hulk iconed out in the 70's with the TV show. Marvel always used Hulk and Spidey as the poster children for the company, and again, if you asked mosy folks to name a marvel character, prior to the X-plosion they would have have said, Spidey of The Hulk...just my opinion :)

And for this reason I'm putting my vote into JIM 83- Thor. I look at many of the major Marvel Cross-Overs, and there's Hulk (FF, ASM, Avengers, etc). I know Thor got around a little, but Hulk seems to have been spread around a little more than the Thunder god.

Round 14 will prove a challenge for everyone in that you have to post your choice manually. I can't find the Poll Feature with the new update so we'll approach this a different way.

It looks like polls are back in action, so you might want to restart this.