• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man and Sub-Mariner nº1

19 posts in this topic

this was a one shot prequel to the IRON MAN #1 AND SUB MARININER #1.

It was the combination of the old Tales of Suspense and Astonish.

A hard book to get in NM+ due to the purple logo.

A classic battle issue before they went their seperate ways

cool.gif

WEBHEAD

yeah i was just thinking that, has it ever sold for guide? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yea, it sells for guide about everytime it's offered, unless it's FN or less. It's a very cool book with a very cool cover and features 2 popular characters. I agree that it's not rare by any means, but still a nice book to own.

I have seen this comic in several recent single owner collections that I have picked up. Seems if you were buying any comics at the time this came out, you added it to your collection. That being said, the ones I find are usually not in the best shape. confused-smiley-013.gif

"I have seen this comic in several recent single owner collections that I have picked up."

Somebody already said the art is good in it. But how's the story?

Sorry, but I am too far behind in my DC reading to give you a review of the issue! I need to find out how Jimmy O gets out of the mess he made for himself. If he is lucky, Superman will stop by and save the day.

Somebody already said the art is good in it. But how's the story?

You think the art is good?!?!? I don't remember who the artist was, but I thought the art was an abomination the last time I glanced at it. It sure wasn't Kirby or Ditko, that's for sure.

Gene Colan's organic drawing style is not well suited to drawing metal mesh IMO....

Bob Layton's shiny reflective armor rendition during the 80's I appreciated though..especially around #150 with Doctor Doom.

i love gene colan, he can evoke a mood like no other, Mignola learned much from him! His issue of detective where batman goes up against scarecrow is an all time favorite, as well as his work on Nigh force, that scared the 893censored-thumb.gif out of me when i was younger! But i never thought he was suited for iron man. frown.gif

This book was one of the first books to be speculated on from what I hear, seems to be more pristine copies of this book floating around than other late 60's books.

I picked up a nice VF copy many moons back on eBay for peanuts.

The white cover if its been manhandled gets ugly quick though, saw many copies with booger marks and greasy fingerprint stains, and what could have been chocolate milk streaks. *beware the booger mark* one of the most disturbing flaws on comic books. 893whatthe.gif