• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 15

Choose 1 comic to leave list  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1 comic to leave list

75 posts in this topic

OK, Round 14 is over and "Journey Into Mystery #83" and Thor have departed with almost 50% of the vote. Since the Poll feature didn't show up until after we started, our vote totals were way down. We had 69 votes while we've been averaging in the 160's for quite some time.

Onto Round 15. This one will run until Wednesday morning as I will be at the Police concert on Tuesday night. Round 16 will go til Thursday night and be slightly abbreviated.

This one was tough for me. While I love X-Men, it was not a great SA book or one of much significance. It may have lasted longer than the Hulk, but I give the Hulk more "iconic" status. The proverbial straw was that when the Hulk was cancelled, his appearance in other books seemed to create more stir. The same doesn't quite hold true for the X-Men. I tried not let my affinity for BA X-Men creep into this vote.

I know B&B #28 will garner a lot of votes, but I still think it's more of a Silver Age icon than X-Men #1.

We're into the big boys, so it's time to wave bye bye to Brave & Bold 28.

I dumped on B&B 28 too.

Next round will be tough.

Flash, Hulk, or X-men.

It's the first time it will be a tough call for me.

gotta be the Hulk. hw was always kinda lame, now that we are really down to the nitty gritty. I mean, he had a very early srat, but was cancelled after 6 issues only to return as an also ran half book filler. And I have to keep BB28 and XMen around longer than green skin cause that have been more important overall.

maybe not after planet hulk though! lol

I guess the only drama left in the contest is whats going to go next, X1 or Hulk1, as we know the B and B is gone this round. The top 3 seems to already be figured out, that is unless the Marvel Zombies decide the X-Men or Hulk are somehow more important then the Showcase 4.

The debate has gotten pretty stale that last few rounds. But it should be interesting when we get to the last three. I think you can make a case for Flash (first SA hero), FF (started Marvel, which changed the world), and Spidey (most popular character).