• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official List - Contact me when the boards are fixed thread.

138 posts in this topic

I think if I gave JC a $100 bill.. He would say... "but it's wrinkly.. I don't like wrinkly $100 bills, can you change it for a better one?"

:jokealert:

Ze-

by and large, the current post body-copy typesize is a point too big, at least. Im basing that on the fact that even on a 22" monitor set to a very high resolution (1920x1200) that makes 8.5x11" documents appear about 20% smaller than "actual size" when actual size is selected for views, the type STILL appears at least 13-14 pt on my screen.

and, one medium size post (like #46 in this thread---nice touch btw I just noticed!) FILLS the entire screen.

so a tad smaller but still one-2 pts bigger than the quoted text ought to be what we had which was fine.

Only in proportion to everything else.

Of course, that's why I included a quoted message with the reply/edit buttons and date, so you could see the relationship between the different fonts.

If I post a picture two guys, one 6 ft tall and the other 3 ft, no matter how or where they're displayed, Guy 1 will always be twice the size of Guy 2.

I'm running Safari on a G5 iMac 20" monitor at 1680 x 1050 resolution. I pulled up an Applworks Drawing window beside the Forums window and measured font sizes (click and dragged text into Appleworks).

Signature font size dislays at 11 pt.; the text in the quick reply box display at 12 pt.; quote text is at 13 pt.; and, regular message text displays at 16 pt.

16 pt. does look very large on my display -- it sort of seems "grade school" in appearance.

My 12¢

Dennis

Dubba Yup.

I am ready for the color vote next...

These threads seem too bright now, I would like some of the surrounding

hues to be darker and richer.

:wishluck:

OK, we've now got an informative side bar...that's cool. (thumbs u

However, it does squeeze the threads a bit, so is there any chance we could have the sidebar when viewing lists of forums/threads, but not in the threads themselves? (shrug)

No :P

Beer makes everything look better...just ask my wife haha. Drink a few beer an come on here, everything looks great and the conversation seems better. Seriously though the site is getting better everyday. I stayed off for a week or 2, through the major problems but now I don't mind it as much. I still love the old look more.

Edited by kidcolt