• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got room for a lonely book?

50 posts in this topic

I could let this go, and I sent "lonelybooks" a message.

"Forgive me for being blunt, but do you have any idea what you're doing? A $122 "Buy it now" on this comic with a CGC grade of 0.5??? Buy a copy of the Overstreet Guide and get to know the market. This comic in CGC 2.0 grade is listed at less than $35. Also, no serious collector is interested in comics of this era in grades like yours - unless they are extremely rare or "key" books, which none of yours are. There is absolutely no point in getting comics like yours "slabbed" by CGC. It's a big waste of money. Good luck to you, but I'd be amazed if any of your books sold."

Hey, whaddaya know!? I got a reply from lonelybooks:

Item: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #39 [1966] Marvel Comics CGC 0.5 (180134899895)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

lonelybooks is the seller.

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your comments. Don't worry. Our silver age 8.0 and higher will be posted sometime in August. Hope you check back. Sincerely, lonelybooks

Hunh? So I guess the fact that they're going to list 8.0 and higher books in August excuses the overpriced pieces of dung they currently have posted.

Thanks for your comments. Don't worry. Our silver age 8.0 and higher will be posted sometime in August. Hope you check back. Sincerely, lonelybooks[/i]

Can't wait to see his high grade books.

I have a feeling we'll be keeping an eye on his auctions. :popcorn:

"Thanks for your comments. Don't worry. Our silver age 8.0 and higher will be posted sometime in August. Hope you check back. Sincerely, lonelybooks"

Wait, here's one now:

41255-lonely_book.jpg.a704686158ac19c6cc3b1c7e467f179c.jpg

My heart bleeds for this person. I have empathy up to a certain point, but bottom line is that we must make judicial use of our resources...and this clearly wasn't a good call on the part of the submitter.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

What's sad is that this seller has an excellent rating and very good feedback. It just appears they dove head first into a new pool that had no water in it. Hopefully it will teach them a lesson about doing research before entering new markets.

maybe they were just hoping that a bunch of comic book geeks would see their crazy auctions that they'd leave up for a while and then all be enticed to keep watching their auctions, at which point they'd dump a whole load of really nice books into the market and already have a large number of people looking at the listings...

and the high prices keep people away, so their advertising remains in place. Brilliant. :)