• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Added to your Invoice

50 posts in this topic

But seriously, is this something that has happened to others or am I just the lucky one in all of this?

I don't remember what I was charged for shipping but it was they're ineptness at getting my books mailed out to me in a timely manner (Took 4 months)that pissed me off.

But seriously, is this something that has happened to others or am I just the lucky one in all of this?

I don't remember what I was charged for shipping but it was they're ineptness at getting my books mailed out to me in a timely manner (Took 4 months)that pissed me off.

To be honest, I've never had that problem with them. More often my books arrive before I even pay for them. I'm sure that won't be the case in the future.

They are a little funny sometimes.

There were many times books were shipped to me before payment was sent :whistle:

They do have a bunch of hidden gems in their lots sometimes as I remember scoring a nice set of raw Frankenstein books with a few that graded out as 9.6s

To be honest, I've never had that problem with them. More often my books arrive before I even pay for them. I'm sure that won't be the case in the future.

The fact is you as the consumer are "king" it's your dollars that put food on the table and starch in their shirts. Speak with your wallet! Fight the power! :P

I don't deal with Heritage, so you'll have to excuse me, but maybe you should see it it's possible to file a complaint with Mr. Pacheco's supervisor. Not against him per se, but with what took place. As many have already stated, there is a certain point where the business needs to take care of the customer if it wants to stay up and running. They have the opportunity right now for some powerful advertising to a large crowd of their customer base- good or bad. Fix the problem and you show you care about customer satisfaction or neglect the SNAFU and reap the benefits of bad word of mouth.

4 Months????

Sounds like they got suck with the recent Postal increase and decided to pass

it on to you. If so, not a nice thing to do. I wound up eating the extra shipping on

a few auctions during the postal change.

4 Months????

Sounds like they got suck with the recent Postal increase and decided to pass

it on to you. If so, not a nice thing to do. I wound up eating the extra shipping on

a few auctions during the postal change.

This was almost a couple years back the dumb asses wrote my addy wrong then it became undeliverable and was finally returned to them. I had sent email after email inquiring about my books before they finally fessed up about their mistake.

I was charged additional shipping on an item + it was about 2 weeks after I received the item. I was pissed too and let them know it!! :sumo:

Well look what Heritage has! Why they have a page to calculate shipping.

http://www.ha.com/common/shipping.php

So since my order of 3 slabbed books was under $99.00 according to their page I should have been charges $5.80 plus the three books at $2.10 for the first book and $.80 each for the next two books for a total of $9.50.

Guess I'll need to point this out to them in the morning!

So I get this email from Heritage and it says:

A charge of $21.38 has been added to your invoice for additional

shipping. Please contact Heritage Customer Service at 1-866-835-3243

to set-up payment. Thank you for bidding with the Heritage family.

Paul Pacheco

Client/Bidder Services

Heritage Auction Galleries

3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor

Dallas, Texas 75219

I called Heritage and they told me that they made a mistake and the total charge for shipping should have been $29.38 and not the $7.90 that I was charged. The customer service rep couldn't do anything about it. Now $21.38 isn't alot of money, but it is the principle. This is from an order from May 6th. Now call me old fashioned, but if I screw up on shipping costs on ebay I eat the loss. :pullhair:

Sorry but I just needed to rant!

Arrogant emmeffers they are...that is so wrong! But you have to remember, they are from TEXAS... rantrantlol

Well I talked with Paul today and he is going to wave the excess shipping charges this time. I pointed out to him his own page says it would be $9.50, but he said it does say differently on the invoice, it states $7.90**:

**This is our standard charge for shipping and handling. Certain packages may cost more to ship and insure and you may be contacted if there are additional costs after receipt of shipment.

Now wouldn't you think they should have a general idea how much shipping is. The Home Shopping Network would be out of business if they worked this way. (how HSN is such a big business I'll never know, but I digress)

So I get this email from Heritage and it says:

A charge of $21.38 has been added to your invoice for additional

shipping. Please contact Heritage Customer Service at 1-866-835-3243

to set-up payment. Thank you for bidding with the Heritage family.

Paul Pacheco

Client/Bidder Services

Heritage Auction Galleries

3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor

Dallas, Texas 75219

I called Heritage and they told me that they made a mistake and the total charge for shipping should have been $29.38 and not the $7.90 that I was charged. The customer service rep couldn't do anything about it. Now $21.38 isn't alot of money, but it is the principle. This is from an order from May 6th. Now call me old fashioned, but if I screw up on shipping costs on ebay I eat the loss. :pullhair:

Sorry but I just needed to rant!

Arrogant emmeffers they are...that is so wrong! But you have to remember, they are from TEXAS... rantrantlol

I sat here and read everyone's take on their dealings with Heritage which was fine...and then someone has to throw in the Texas insult. Classy.

Scott from AUSTIN, TEXAS