• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Added to your Invoice

50 posts in this topic

I sat here and read everyone's take on their dealings with Heritage which was fine...and then someone has to throw in the Texas insult. Classy.

Scott from AUSTIN, TEXAS

Here you go. I'll say something classy about Austin (although it's way off topic): you've got the best music scene in North America! Bar NONE! I think half of my favourite artists come from Austin.

I sat here and read everyone's take on their dealings with Heritage which was fine...and then someone has to throw in the Texas insult. Classy.

Scott from AUSTIN, TEXAS

Texas sucks :baiting:

:hi:

Scott from AUSTIN, TEXAS

I completed my Eyebeam collection a few years ago - cost a lot, but well worth it - another great artist achievement from the Austin scene! :thumbsup:

Sounds like bad form by Heritage. Judging from the shipping costs, it wasn't a small order (not many of those from Heritage); they should have eaten it.

When did companies become charities?

No companies shouldn't become charities, but when they come looking for money for shipping charges over two months later, well doesn't that seem a little odd? They knew the order had 3 books in it. They know I live in MA, they could have figured out easliy and billed me exact costs at the time of the sale. But again, according to their own web site the cost for 3 slabbbed books and their value would have indicated a cost of only $9.50.

I just think a company as large as Heritage should be able to get it right the first time when charging shipping.

Sterling when you sell a book you give the seller an exact or set shipping charge at the time of the sale don't you? I doubt very much you would ever, two months after a sale email the buyer and say "Hey you owe me another $20" You are a professional business man and know that this wouldn't be a good business model.

But that's just my 2c

So I get this email from Heritage and it says:

A charge of $21.38 has been added to your invoice for additional

shipping. Please contact Heritage Customer Service at 1-866-835-3243

to set-up payment. Thank you for bidding with the Heritage family.

Paul Pacheco

Client/Bidder Services

Heritage Auction Galleries

3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor

Dallas, Texas 75219

I called Heritage and they told me that they made a mistake and the total charge for shipping should have been $29.38 and not the $7.90 that I was charged. The customer service rep couldn't do anything about it. Now $21.38 isn't alot of money, but it is the principle. This is from an order from May 6th. Now call me old fashioned, but if I screw up on shipping costs on ebay I eat the loss. :pullhair:

Sorry but I just needed to rant!

Arrogant emmeffers they are...that is so wrong! But you have to remember, they are from TEXAS... rantrantlol

Scott from AUSTIN, TEXAS

Via NC first though :banana:

Of course, North Wilkesboro is really just a dumping ground for West Virginians hm

I just think a company as large as Heritage should be able to get it right the first time when charging shipping.

I agree.

Sterling when you sell a book you give the seller an exact or set shipping charge at the time of the sale don't you? I doubt very much you would ever, two months after a sale email the buyer and say "Hey you owe me another $20"

Domestic yes...I don't ship enough internationally or frequently enough to have it 100% right for international. I agree, that is just plain tacky from a biz perspective to say...gimme more money way after the fact. I was only responding to the fact that one poster thought Heritage should "owe" them b/c it was a large order. I do however, think that this was a bad PR move on their part to come after the fact. However, if the shipping prices are posted and they didn't charge enough, I don't think there's too much the buyer can do...

You are a professional business man and know that this wouldn't be a good business model.

Thank you...I try. I personally think someone in accounting did some auditing and came up short...personally I think that Heritage should revisit the process here...

SpongeBob: Look, I'm Texas! Duh! Howdy y'all! Duh! Howdy y'all!

Patrick: I'm Texas, too! Get a dog little longies! Get a dog!

Sandy: I'm warnin' you!

SpongeBob: The stars and stripes are dull and dim, whenever they have to be in dumb 'ol Texas! (Patrick does armpit farts)

(Sandy gets very angry)

SpongeBob: Look, I'm Texas! Duh! Howdy y'all! Duh! Howdy y'all!

Patrick: I'm Texas, too! Get a dog little longies! Get a dog!

Sandy: I'm warnin' you!

SpongeBob: The stars and stripes are dull and dim, whenever they have to be in dumb 'ol Texas! (Patrick does armpit farts)

(Sandy gets very angry)

SpongeBob...., :cloud9: