• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my ASM #37

10 posts in this topic

ASM #37..

ASM37.jpg

ASM.BC.jpg

THANKS!

(btw...I was at the All-Star game at the Forum when Jerry West hit the 63-ft shot...and at Game 5 of the 1972 NBA championship game (the yr of the 33-game win streak) when Lakers beat the Knicks for first LA championship...heady times...)

Ding on the LRC on the backcover, the wrinkling along the upper edge on the back cover, and the dust shadow on the left edge back cover are the most notable detractors-- upper back edge being the biggest. Couple other small ones as well.

I'm leaning towards an 8.0, maybe 8.5.

the aforementioned ding shows up on both the front and back cover.

also, just to the left of center on the bottom edge of the FC is the kind of crease that i associate with an accompanying tear. typically the edge gets pushed up, causes the creasing and results in a small tear on one edge of the crease. in this case it would be the straight vertical line just to the left of the creasing.

any tears present there???

the aforementioned ding shows up on both the front and back cover.

also, just to the left of center on the bottom edge of the FC is the kind of crease that i associate with an accompanying tear. typically the edge gets pushed up, causes the creasing and results in a small tear on one edge of the crease. in this case it would be the straight vertical line just to the left of the creasing.

any tears present there???

I agree, I'd be surprised if that isn't a small tear and associated crease on the bottom front. Also, the top back cover looks more like minor water staining that wrinkles to me--probably exaggerated by the scan.

If it's a tear, I'd say 6.5.