• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Luna Brothers (creators of ULTRA, GIRLS) new project!

71 posts in this topic

Finally sitting down and reading Girls from start to finish now. It's great stuff. A ton of fun. I'll read anything those guys put out.

Agreed! (thumbs u

Here's a pretty good summary for you (thumbs u

After a young man named Ethan Daniels is thrown out of the bar in the town of Pennystown, he meets a mysterious naked and injured woman out on the street. He takes her to his home, and after he tries unsuccessfully to get information from her, they sleep together. He leaves her in his house the next day to report the situation to the local police officer, but they return to find she has laid eggs that hatch into full-grown identical copies of her. The girls attack any other females they come across, forcing the townspeople to hide in a local farmhouse. The situation is complicated by a giant sperm-like monster in a cornfield and the discovery of an enormous dome separating Pennystown from outside aid.

After a young man named Ethan Daniels is thrown out of the bar in the town of Pennystown, he meets a mysterious naked and injured woman out on the street. He takes her to his home, and after he tries unsuccessfully to get information from her, they sleep together. He leaves her in his house the next day to report the situation to the local police officer, but they return to find she has laid eggs that hatch into full-grown identical copies of her. The girls attack any other females they come across, forcing the townspeople to hide in a local farmhouse. The situation is complicated by a giant sperm-like monster in a cornfield and the discovery of an enormous dome separating Pennystown from outside aid.

Sounds good to me! I'll check it out. Thanks Steve. (thumbs u

No problem Chris!

There were a couple of parts where the story was dragging on a bit, but overall it was a great 24-issue series (thumbs u

I picked up Swords today too. I was a bit disappointed that the art style was so much like Girls (I wasn't too keen on Girls and dropped it mid-way, just felt repetitive each issue). But I'll give Swords a shot for awhile. I just keep hoping that they will go back to the Ultra roots.

Pat

I picked up Swords today too. I was a bit disappointed that the art style was so much like Girls (I wasn't too keen on Girls and dropped it mid-way, just felt repetitive each issue). But I'll give Swords a shot for awhile. I just keep hoping that they will go back to the Ultra roots.

Pat

Yes, I agree that Ultra was their best work, but I liked the art style in "Girls." I think that blur effect is pretty interesting, and quite unique, so I like the style in "The Sword" so far too. "Girls" did get a little repetitive at the mid-way point, but I stuck it out and it seemed to really pick up and get better as the series came to a close.

Just my 2c:grin:

perv

Girls was one of THE best series I read this year.

I'm selling my signed dupes now since I don't need two sets :)

Rich, If you liked Girls, definitely check out the first issue of "The Sword," should be another great series!!! (thumbs u

Picked up the first issue over the weekend.

enjoyed it.

the art is a refreshing change from the tights and fights crowd and i was sufficiently intrigued by the story that I will be picking up #2 next month.

This series is on my pull list as well. Girls was easily one of the best comic book reads I have ever had and I decided when it ended I would buy whatever the Luna Bros. next project was.