• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Daredevil #11

13 posts in this topic

And finally, an early DD.

Nice flat book, excellent gloss.

Hint of tanning on the extreme outside edge of both the front and back covers.

Bend in the top left corner of the front cover, above and to the left of Daredevil's head, which breaks color.

Another larger bend in the bottom left corner of the front cover, which breaks color, but mostly right on the spine in the black.

And a similarly sized NCB bend in the bottom RIGHT corner of the front cover.

All of these bends are also visible in the scan on the back cover.

There's what appears to be a production glitch on the front cover: it looks like a crease that runs horizontally into the Comics Code stamp, but it really appears to have been manufactured that way - as if the paper was crunched a bit on the press.

As well, if you look at the top arm of the top staple, it looks like a tear running up from the arm towards the "G" in "GROUP", but it also looks like a glitch in the paper. It's not a tear, or a stress line from a crease.

Pages are off-white.

JB_DDF.jpg

JB_DDB.jpg

The general consensus then is 5.5 (on average) which is a FINE– grade by Overstreet standards.

The book was listed in the auction as "VF/NM", which translates to a 9.0 grade by Overstreet standards.

(I need to clarify this grading here for my claim against the seller.)

The general consensus then is 5.5 (on average) which is a FINE– grade by Overstreet standards.

The book was listed in the auction as "VF/NM", which translates to a 9.0 grade by Overstreet standards.

(I need to clarify this grading here for my claim against the seller.)

Wow, the other two were only off by one full grade (2.0).

This one was off by 3.5! doh!

He said in his defense to Paypal that he didn't use grading numbers in his listings - just the acronyms like "VF". He said that "VF can mean anything from a 7.0 to 9.0 grade", which is simply not true. He's implying that F/VF (7.0), VF- (7.5), VF (8.0), VF+ (8.5) and VF/NM (9.0) grades are all considered "VF". I'm sorry, but those are five distinct and different grades. "VF/NM" is NOT the same as "VF".

Even if it were true, it doesn't make any difference, because he didn't just use a generic "VF" in all of his listings. He stated "VF-" in one, "VF" in the next, and "VF/NM" in the third. So he was very specific about the grade of each book. And he said that "all books range from Fine to NM according the Official Overstreet Price Guide".

He also used the "grading is arbitrary" argument, and "neither of us are professional graders", which he believes absolves him of responsibility for accurate grading, and from the grades he claimed in his listing.

Anyway, he refuses to accept return of the comics or to offer a refund. He did offer a partial refund of $75, but that's not acceptable. It barely scratches the surface. Besides, I don't want 5.0 and 5.5 comics. They don't interest me.

I've filed a claim with Paypal and we've each presented our arguments. Now it's a matter of waiting to see what Paypal decides.