• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What comic are you surprised that you have never owned?

62 posts in this topic

Earlier today I was thinking about all the comics that I have owned in the past or currently still own.

I have owned pretty much every major marvel silver age key (enjoying the survivor series poll) and some DC golden age keys but despite the fact that I grew up reading X-Men and have almost a complete reader set I have never owned in any condition:

1.) X-Men #1

2.) Hulk #181

What comics are you surprised that you have never owned?

asm 33 :(:sick:

:o

OK, this one still astounds me...#33 is one of the most common Spideys in the first 50 issues, due to it being a warehouse find...same as FF #44 and Avengers #24 from the same period.

What? Are you trying to pick one up for under $10? :insane:

asm 33 :(:sick:

What? Are you trying to pick one up for under $10? :insane:

Busted! :pullhair:

I'm still waiting to buy your copy Nick! No but i know all about the warehouse find but because of it all the copies are 9.4-9.8 which are higher than im looking for. Hopefully i'll pick up Angelo's copy if he decides to sell :wishluck:

Hulk 181 is it for me.

I remember the outrage I felt when the book started going for $5. I had a real nice solid run (in 1970's NM) and was pissed that I might have to pay more than 3 bucks. I've never really gotten over it, and still pretty much refuse to pay real money for a copy, regardless of the grade.