• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Edgar Church of Transformers

8 posts in this topic

I find it hard to believe there aren't more collections like that out there. We're talking about the mid 80's and people would have known all about collectibles and their values. Even the early Star Wars figures would have been fetching a decent amount of cash back then and the back issue comic market was finally getting noticed.

Probably someone who threw out a thrill bid so the seller will certainly never see that type of money for her collection.

As someone on that thread pointed out, "The guy who bought it has 6 feedback, some dvds, tanning lotion and a NES. I can't see him packing a million bucks for some transformers."

The only link with that story takes you to:

This listing (230150167114) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

I don't know if that was the same auction.

My cursory review of eBay leads me to believe the supply vastly exceeds demand for Transformer action figures so I believe the big pay day for that seller did not materialize.

The thing is their not even all action figures, 92 items are "licensed products" which could mean things like bubble gum and coloring books. Furthermore a lot of them have been opened as is evident from the pictures. It does look like a great collection though. She should send them to the toy grading company.

i dont think AFA grades opened figures,they are very odd about the grading they do.

they wont grade most "mailaway" figures if they are opened,they wont grade loose transformers,but they grade loose GI joe and star wars all day long,and they also grade mailaway star wars premiums opened or not

i dont get it