• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tales of Suspense 45/48/49

10 posts in this topic

Inspired by Drewincanada's TOS 48...I only have front cover scans and these are currently at CGC...I'll follow up when I get them back with the CGC received grades so you can all compare notes...(assume back covers are free of deleterious effects and in general in line with front cover grade)...THANKS!

TALESOFSUSPENSE45FN-.jpg

TALESOFSUSPENSE48VG.jpg

TALESOFSUSPENSE49FN-.jpg

45 ~ 6.0/6.5

48 ~ 5.0

49 ~ 5.0

I didn't think the 48 and 49 were CGC worthy.

5s generaly belong in some raw mid-grade collector's TOS short box.

*hint* * hint* :baiting:

45 ~ 6.0/6.5

48 ~ 5.0

49 ~ 5.0

I generally agree with you re. the 48 & 49 but I was a bit tired of getting 50% guide for books that I have sold raw so this is a bit of an "experiment" for me...these are in fact the first books I have sent to CGC that I didn't think could garner at least a 9.0...I sent in a batch of about 40 books so I tossed these in as well...

5.0 on these would put these both in the $100 value range so if I could get that on sales price it would be well-worth it (versus say $50 range)...I will report back on the results...thanks for your opinion...

45 ~ 6.0/6.5

48 ~ 5.0

49 ~ 5.0

I generally agree with you re. the 48 & 49 but I was a bit tired of getting 50% guide for books that I have sold raw so this is a bit of an "experiment" for me...these are in fact the first books I have sent to CGC that I didn't think could garner at least a 9.0...I sent in a batch of about 40 books so I tossed these in as well...

5.0 on these would put these both in the $100 value range so if I could get that on sales price it would be well-worth it (versus say $50 range)...I will report back on the results...thanks for your opinion...

Half book... :cloud9:

My gut reactions were 6.0, 5.0 and 5.0...........

and i think these are old enough that grades of 5.0+ should make it worthwhile to get them professionally graded for economics sake...............they all present well, are early issues of a popular character and 40+ years old......... (thumbs u

[font:Arial Black]6.0

5.5[/font]

And speaking of early creations, what about that Pepper Potts?! <3

Not too many women with the nickname "Pepper" any more.

(Or men called "Happy", for that matter.)

The alliterated names, quite common to both DC and Marvel, have always been a fun thing...yeah, and you're right, pretty unique names...some of the names are down-right goofy when you really think about them...Paste-Pot Pete comes to mind...

And Franklin "Foggy" Nelson.

Real 50s collegiate nicknames.

Makes me think of Firesign Theatre's Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers -- George Tirebiter in "High School Madness". (Now I'm veering seriously into OT territory. Sorry.)