• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just how many Peter Parker #1's are out there anyway?

34 posts in this topic

I have three 9.8 white copies. Don't really know why as i wasn't intending to start hoarding these. I think it's cause I way overpaid on my 1st copy, then got the other two at pretty cheap prices, thus bringing down my average cost to reasonable.

cost averaging, thats how i ended up with a few hundred shares of bre-x hm

I only have one copy that I bought years after it came out. I was stationed in the Air Force in Germany when it hit the stand so unfortunately I wasn't able to hoard any copies of this or any other book. There was still money to be made on this book even though there were alot of speculators hoarding away copies since Spiderman is so incredibly popular!

Anyone remember back in '02 when HG (9.4 or better) copies were getting sick money? Didn't a 9.4 sell for $700 or something insane? Or was that a 9.6 (almost as bad)?

I have three 9.8 white copies. Don't really know why as i wasn't intending to start hoarding these. I think it's cause I way overpaid on my 1st copy, then got the other two at pretty cheap prices, thus bringing down my average cost to reasonable.

Or, you could have just stopped throwing good money after bad after buying the first copy... meh:baiting:

Perhaps.

However, the money I could make back on the two later purchases would cause me to break even on the bad one. (atleast at current market prices).

Of course, knowing me, I'll just hold on to all three until I'm sure to loose money on all of them. lol

What's amazing is that despite how many there are, graded copies in 9.6 still fetch around $60-80.00 dollars and 9.8's get around $260-280 or more.

I bought a 9.6 and then sold it a while later as I can always get this book. I see it listed on ebay all the time.

So very high grade copies can get you a little bit of money for now anyway.

What's amazing is that despite how many there are, graded copies in 9.6 still fetch around $60-80.00 dollars and 9.8's get around $260-280 or more.

I bought a 9.6 and then sold it a while later as I can always get this book. I see it listed on ebay all the time.

So very high grade copies can get you a little bit of money for now anyway.

This is also one of those books that WILL generally garner a premium for white pages. You can usually find 9.8s popping up all the time, but they are most often ow or ow/w. Per ratio, this book is definately tougher to find with white pages.

Anybody got a reader copy of it they want to let go of?

I feel I should probably read this book, but I don't know why.

I've got a beat copy that I'm looking to get rid of? PM if you actually want it and aren't just making fun of us poor PPSSM saps. ;)

This was the first Spider-Man title I went after when getting back into collecting because getting the first 20 (in my mind) was going to be easier than the main ASM run. Little did I realize this title was a little harder to fill gaps in than the others (Web & Spider-Man).

It's not a title- nothing mind blowing, but better I think than Web of Spider-Man. Spider-Man, however, is a far better title than both but that's because I'm an uber-McFarlane fan.

Anybody got a reader copy of it they want to let go of?

I feel I should probably read this book, but I don't know why.

I know where you can get a FN/VF copy for eleventy-billion dollars... :grin: