• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the Mark Jeweler's worth??

45 posts in this topic

They were both in my pile to send into CGC next week.

You'll have to wait 2-3 months or however long they take to come back. shy.gif

They will definitly be sold once slabbed.

I think they would only make them worth more to 1) MJ insert collectors and 2) only if they did what they were purported to , and that is, provide backing board like support and preserve the spine from the inside, fending off all types of spine creasing damage...resulting in a better than average condition book.

The blue star is a mark for the PX:

I have an X-Men 197 MJ with that same mark near Doom's shoulder. Maybe they were originally sold at the same PX

They must have been distributing those for quite some time to go from a 25 center to a 65 center. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

xmen197.jpg

xmen197mj.jpg

I known that Darth has a good collection of these and the earliest date in his books might point us in the right direction. The Mark Jeweler's are also on a card stock and also a paper stock insert.

I happen to have one of these "Mark Jewelers Books" up on E-bay right now ! tonofbricks.gif

It's Astonishing Tales #25, 1st Deathlok appearance, and first George Perez art...

Here's a link for interested parties:

Mark Jewelers Astonishing Tales #25

Why don't one of you cash-weilding maniacs go over there and bid on it? cool.gif

Oh, and don't forget, there are more Snipers on this forum than there were in the Church bell-towers of Nazi-held Europe. If you really want the thing, better make a "buyer's bid". foreheadslap.gif

The star stamp is not on ever issue that was purchased at Military bases. A collection of Mark Jeweler issues that I owned did not have the stamp on any of the books. This may have been a case of someone not feeling like taking the time to stamp comic books.