• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling Paratrooper! Potential scam

21 posts in this topic

Well, let's see now.

a. Seller has huge feedback of 1

b. Feedback was from the sale of an XBox 360 game of Fight Night 3 (wow, signed by Roy Jones Jr)

c. That sale was to another low feedback ebayer by the handle of figurezero

d. The Batman 1 vendor's handle is zeros angel82

e.Not sure that the scan is stolen, but it has all the hallmarks of a Grandpa's attic find.

Nope, nothing to see here folks. Nothing could possibly go wrong. :whistle:

Who am I kidding.

I am going to ask for the slab's serial number and take it from there. :devil:

Just emailed the following:

"I have been looking for this book in this condition for a long time and your auction looks perfect. Just one question before I bid, as the book has been "CGC encapsulated" could you please let me know the serial number?

Thanks in anticipation."

Let the waiting commence. :popcorn:

Duffman, you're going to have to beat my $100,000.00 bid! Man O' Man do I want that book......

but the book is worth $450,000, according to the auction description.... :baiting:

gator

Damn, auction was ended before we could get their address and then post it on the boards.

It's brandi.m.martin@gmail.com.

I sent a somewhat sarcastic message asking what happened to the Batman #1 auction and that it could be sold for a lot more than the couple 1990s comic she's selling right now.

Zeros_angel82's response was, "It was pointed out that we could get what it's [batman #1] actually worth in it's value if we took it to an actual dealer instead of trying to sell it on the internet. Several people suggested that we do that instead. I don't know much about things like this, lol. I've never been much of a comic book reader."

Rats.

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the minimum bid or reserve amount."

I was actually looking forward to a little fun with this.

Oh, and WTTB cshepard81. :golfclap: Talk about jumping in with both feet. (thumbs u