• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Give me a break!

59 posts in this topic

so what does the winner actually "win" or is it just a title?
http://www.collectors-society.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?IDArticle=470

That sucks, as I could really use a nice heavy plaque to hit people with. :frustrated:

Cool, I'm getting a plaque.... :banana:

make sure you put the award on your CV, along with your world record for most CCE's downed in an hour

I need to make a video again, making a CCE milkshake while cracking open my CGC books with the plaque... :luhv:

That sucks, as I could really use a nice heavy plaque to hit people with. :frustrated:

Unless customs does something about it :insane:

yes, haven't thought of that...maybe I can sell it on the Marketplace hm

JC, if you're interested... (shrug)

Hit some people in the head with it, and post your results. hm

Unless customs does something about it :insane:

yes, haven't thought of that...maybe I can sell it on the Marketplace hm

JC, if you're interested... (shrug)

Hit some people in the head with it, and post your results. hm

Cool...I can do that.

I'm invited to the next Forum dinner, so I'll hit everyone there (after I buy them all drinks as usual of course) (thumbs u

besides we all know, it's not the registry sets that matter, it's who won the "Outstanding Message Board Contributors" award :tonofbricks:

It's now been renamed to:

Forum Dinner Awards.

Hey, how many drinks did you have to buy to win one?

Like I've ever met anyone else from the boards, been to a con or to a forum dinner....never even CGCed a book

What about Wertham? (shrug):baiting:

I noticed that too and :shrug:

I think they should "cap" the number of times a person can win. Colmoreman received two wins this year...which was odd...not a big deal from where I sit (Granted he's got some great sets)...just need to spread the love. :luhv:

I do know that over time grading these contests are only going to get tougher and tougher as more people compete and complete sets.

Just to go on record, IMO Mark Arrand (colmoreman) is a prince of a guy. Dr. Watson may have gotten screwed, and that sucks, but it shouldn't reflect poorly upon Mark who is a great ambassador for comics and a nice person. 2c

--Sean.

I noticed that too and :shrug:

I think they should "cap" the number of times a person can win. Colmoreman received two wins this year...which was odd...not a big deal from where I sit (Granted he's got some great sets)...just need to spread the love. :luhv:

I do know that over time grading these contests are only going to get tougher and tougher as more people compete and complete sets.

I agree Sterling but I do think that they have some type of cap already if not then Ghost Town and Doug wouldve swept the Silver Age and part of the Bronze easily

Just to go on record, IMO Mark Arrand (colmoreman) is a prince of a guy. Dr. Watson may have gotten screwed, and that sucks, but it shouldn't reflect poorly upon Mark who is a great ambassador for comics and a nice person. 2c

--Sean.

Agreed. Not reflective of Mark at all.

It was more of a venting session for the good doctor. And we are mental anyway, so why not let him have his therapy. :shrug:

I agree Sterling but I do think that they have some type of cap already if not then Ghost Town and Doug wouldve swept the Silver Age and part of the Bronze easily

Yeah it's easy to say they rule and we drool, so the winner selection (I think) has been very fair and distributed. This selection did stand out for me though as a doh!

I think we're missing the real question:

How many drinks did Colmore buy at the Forum Dinners?

I would assume fewer than many people who didn't win anything, as, as far as I can tell, Colmoreman's only been to one forum dinner, the 2006 MegaCon dinner, which only had nine people.

besides we all know, it's not the registry sets that matter, it's who won the "Outstanding Message Board Contributors" award :tonofbricks:

It's now been renamed to:

Forum Dinner Awards.

Hey, how many drinks did you have to buy to win one?

Like I've ever met anyone else from the boards, been to a con or to a forum dinner....never even CGCed a book

What about Wertham? (shrug):baiting:

he hasn't either :luhv:

As I recall last year at Chicago Steve bought me more drinks then I did him.

So throw the drink hypothesis out the window JC.

(:

Ze-

Best Modern Age Sets

colmoreman - X-Traordinary X-Men! 94-143

This is a collection of some the most prominent key X-Men issues and they are in very high-grade. The collection includes an X-Men #94 in 9.6 and a #95 in 9.8. The rest of this collection is just as solid with most of the books being in 9.8. This is a collection to keep your eye on, if only to see what a serious modern collection looks like.

WTF! I am taking my toys and going home.

All New All Different X-men

rantrant

IMPRESSIVE! to say the least... (thumbs u :banana: