• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Give me a break!

59 posts in this topic

Best Modern Age Sets

colmoreman - X-Traordinary X-Men! 94-143

This is a collection of some the most prominent key X-Men issues and they are in very high-grade. The collection includes an X-Men #94 in 9.6 and a #95 in 9.8. The rest of this collection is just as solid with most of the books being in 9.8. This is a collection to keep your eye on, if only to see what a serious modern collection looks like.

WTF! I am taking my toys and going home.

All New All Different X-men

rantrant

When you pull up your registry set, there is is an edit set box right below the number of views your set has received. Click that and then there is a box you can check that says obscure set. Then click save. That is all there is to it.

Thank you for the commiserations.

Best Modern Age Sets

This is a collection of some the most prominent key X-Men issues and they are in very high-grade. The collection includes an X-Men #94 in 9.6 and a #95 in 9.8. The rest of this collection is just as solid with most of the books being in 9.8. This is a collection to keep your eye on, if only to see what a serious modern collection looks like.

All New All Different X-men

rantrant

That stinks, Doc. Your set rocks :headbang:

Best Modern Age Sets

rantrant

Your 94-143 set is a beauty, Doc. Mark's set is nice too but I think even he would agree that yours is better.

But, aside from the fact that your run is better, the X-Men 94-143 run is bronze, not modern.

Would you guys believe that Gemma from CGC actually called me on the telephone to make sure that I was not uber *spooned* off. That was impressive. I will take an ego rub from her any day over a chuck of lucite. All is right with the world. See, I'm easy to please.

Would you guys believe that Gemma from CGC actually called me on the telephone to make sure that I was not uber *spooned* off. That was impressive. I will take an ego rub from her any day over a chuck of lucite. All is right with the world. See, I'm easy to please.
:popcorn:

But, aside from the fact that your run is better, the X-Men 94-143 run is bronze, not modern.

According to CGC Modern is post 1975 like on their submission forms. Im assuming they based it on that.

Did you win last year?

Did you win last year?

Again, no.

Did you win last year?

Again, no.

Then that's really :censored: up, and it makes you wonder how these awards are really chosen. Does colmoreman have a friend at CGC working for him?

I just assumed you won last year, and CGC was "spreading the wealth" but this is a scam.

besides we all know, it's not the registry sets that matter, it's who won the "Outstanding Message Board Contributors" award :tonofbricks:

It's now been renamed to:

Forum Dinner Awards.

Hey, how many drinks did you have to buy to win one?

Like I've ever met anyone else from the boards, been to a con or to a forum dinner....never even CGCed a book