• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is it. . . .

35 posts in this topic

Why is it when you splurge a little for something you kind of want, that almost immediately after you buy that item, the item you really want becomes available? (shrug)

I popped for a high grade graded Captain America 109 a few days ago, and then what should appear on Comiclink, but three Invaders 9.8's I've been looking for. I grabbed them anyway, even though it's going to kill my budget for a while. :sumo:

Does this stuff happen to any of you as well?

Why is it when you splurge a little for something you kind of want, that almost immediately after you buy that item, the item you really want becomes available? (shrug)

I popped for a high grade graded Captain America 109 a few days ago, and then what should appear on Comiclink, but three Invaders 9.8's I've been looking for. I grabbed them anyway, even though it's going to kill my budget for a while. :sumo:

All the time. It's innevitable. I also just popped a book on Comiclink yesterday (after not buying one from there in months), then the motherload of great books showed up this moring. :pullhair: I still bought one more even though I could ill afford it.

Thats why I focus on one run. It used to happen to me before but not anymore. I spend my hard earned cash on Copper and Modern X-Men

your focus is impresive. when you finish x-men what will you move on too?

Thats why I focus on one run. It used to happen to me before but not anymore. I spend my hard earned cash on Copper and Modern X-Men

bronze age x-men of course! :makepoint:

Funny that I was having the same conversation at work this morning. I bought 3 books that set me back a few bucks, then a single grail comic pops up that I could afford. I already commited to the other seller so I miss the grail. Oh well another will be available they always do haha.

Did you see the price on that 9.8 Invaders #1?! :screwy:

Yes, it has in the past. These days I've grown pretty picky. I wait for something special to spend my collecting funds on -- like my recent purchase of Carl Barks' file copies. :cloud9:

On a weekly basis.

Yes, it has in the past. These days I've grown pretty picky. I wait for something special to spend my collecting funds on -- like my recent purchase of Carl Barks' file copies. :cloud9:

Damn! (worship):applause:

Damn! (worship):applause:

They were three Dell reprint annuals (his Four Colors were well read). But the bad thing is they they were so nice and glossy that they've raised my standards. It seems quite difficult to find Barks FCs in F/VF with nice page quality. I just paid almost $200 for a slabbed copy of FC 308.

doh!

bronze age x-men of course! :makepoint:

lol thougt he was already collecting BA x-men. my bad

All the time. It's innevitable. I also just popped a book on Comiclink yesterday (after not buying one from there in months), then the motherload of great books showed up this moring. :pullhair: I still bought one more even though I could ill afford it.

I agree... this has been a rough week for nice buys! "I also just popped a book on Comiclink yesterday"... hm ? They weren't WP Human Fly's were they? :baiting:

:applause: (thumbs u

I agree... this has been a rough week for nice buys! "I also just popped a book on Comiclink yesterday"... hm ? They weren't WP Human Fly's were they? :baiting:

:applause: (thumbs u

I wonder if we popped the same book. hm I noticed that later in the day a bunch of this guys' books got listed again on the site. Did you place a buy on a Human Fly #2 by any chance? You can check it out, you'll see it listed twice now, each with a sale pending. I noticed this was also the case with the Invaders books as well as a bunch of the others listed from that day.

The other book I bought was the Shogun Warriors #11. Did you get any of those othe Human Flys listed from the other day? The only 9.8 from that bunch (#16), I already had.

Kind of weird, I just went and check C-link and it looks like they've deleted the repeat listings now. I also noticed that they raised the prices on nearly every #1 book that was listed. Example: Machine Man #1 went from $80 to $160, Nova #1 went from $295 up to where it is now and so on. Quite a few got bumped up. hm

Happens to me every fricking time which is why I am learning to not make the impulse buys when I have extra cash sitting around, leave it alone because those want list books always seem to be around the corner.

I have that extra cash sitting around now and not buying something is killing me!! There are a few books availible now at high prices that would be nice to have, but are by no means "must haves". Patience and focus are hard to maintain when you haven't bought a cool book in 2 weeks and yes, I am a comaholic :insane: