• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is it. . . .

35 posts in this topic

All the time. It's innevitable. I also just popped a book on Comiclink yesterday (after not buying one from there in months), then the motherload of great books showed up this moring. :pullhair: I still bought one more even though I could ill afford it.

I agree... this has been a rough week for nice buys! "I also just popped a book on Comiclink yesterday"... hm ? They weren't WP Human Fly's were they? :baiting:

:applause: (thumbs u

I wonder if we popped the same book. hm I noticed that later in the day a bunch of this guys' books got listed again on the site. Did you place a buy on a Human Fly #2 by any chance? You can check it out, you'll see it listed twice now, each with a sale pending. I noticed this was also the case with the Invaders books as well as a bunch of the others listed from that day.

The other book I bought was the Shogun Warriors #11. Did you get any of those othe Human Flys listed from the other day? The only 9.8 from that bunch (#16), I already had.

:bump: ... John, yes I did nab that HFly #16 9.8 "Niagara Falls Nightmare!" I had to, it upgrades my 9.6 and is simply too close to home to not have :cloud9:! Then the next day or so those 2, #2 9.8 WP showed up :o , but w/ no pictures :screwy:?! Unfortunately I had to pass, but then noticed that both soon were "sale pending"? So, did you take a chance on either of those, or missed out too? Did you score any of those other 9.8 WP, BAs?

Yeah, there were certainly a few hits out there this past week... :frustrated:

Happens to me every fricking time which is why I am learning to not make the impulse buys when I have extra cash sitting around, leave it alone because those want list books always seem to be around the corner.

I have that extra cash sitting around now and not buying something is killing me!! There are a few books availible now at high prices that would be nice to have, but are by no means "must haves". Patience and focus are hard to maintain when you haven't bought a cool book in 2 weeks and yes, I am a comaholic :insane:

Join the club but fortunantely there are so many good books hitting the market its a buyers market in terms of selection. Recently saw multi high grade copies of FF#4,5,12,16,25 come on stream, kind of crazy because some of these were tough to come by for a while.

All the time. It's innevitable. I also just popped a book on Comiclink yesterday (after not buying one from there in months), then the motherload of great books showed up this moring. :pullhair: I still bought one more even though I could ill afford it.

I agree... this has been a rough week for nice buys! "I also just popped a book on Comiclink yesterday"... hm ? They weren't WP Human Fly's were they? :baiting:

:applause: (thumbs u

I wonder if we popped the same book. hm I noticed that later in the day a bunch of this guys' books got listed again on the site. Did you place a buy on a Human Fly #2 by any chance? You can check it out, you'll see it listed twice now, each with a sale pending. I noticed this was also the case with the Invaders books as well as a bunch of the others listed from that day.

The other book I bought was the Shogun Warriors #11. Did you get any of those othe Human Flys listed from the other day? The only 9.8 from that bunch (#16), I already had.

:bump: ... John, yes I did nab that HFly #16 9.8 "Niagara Falls Nightmare!" I had to, it upgrades my 9.6 and is simply too close to home to not have :cloud9:! Then the next day or so those 2, #2 9.8 WP showed up :o , but w/ no pictures :screwy:?! Unfortunately I had to pass, but then noticed that both soon were "sale pending"? So, did you take a chance on either of those, or missed out too? Did you score any of those other 9.8 WP, BAs?

Yeah, there were certainly a few hits out there this past week... :frustrated:

Hey Neal,

I was hoping you got the #16 on there. I saw it, but I already had a #16 in 9.8 so passed on it. I did grab the #2. It's rare for me to buy a book with no pic, but it's been so long since I had a chance to upgrade my Human Fly collection, I went ahead and took a gamble on it :wishluck:

Later that same day, a bunch of these books got double listed back onto C-Link including the HF #2. I saw it also ended up with a sale pending, but later all of the dupes got removed. At first, I was worried it might have been you putting a BIN on the second listing.

I didn't grab anymore from that day, although there were plenty I'd like. I'd bought the Shogun Warriors #11 from the day before and that was it.

:frustrated:

So, I get this BS email from C-Link today titled Human Fly #2:

Hi John;

The seller of this item does not have it anymore and mislisted it in error. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Tomis Erb, Operations Manager

www.comiclink.com

Email - buysell@comiclink.com

Phone - 718/246-0300

This really pzzes me off as I hit the BIN fairly quick after it was listed. Then the listed it again in which it also got BIN'd by someone. It would really peeve me, if that second listing got filled instead of mine. :mad:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have had that happen to me three or four times at the Pedigree Comics site and at least once at Metropolis. :pullhair:

So far, I have faired rather well with Comiclink.

That's funny...I was just thinking how I'd never had that happen to me with Pedigree before and how much better I like their system.

I haven't ever ordered from Metropolis, but I have bought a fair amount of slabs from Mile High and unlike a lot of people, I've never had any problems there either.

If it had been a book sitting on their site for a long time, I could understand it better, but being that it was just listed that same day, it's even more frustrating.

I sold an Uncanny X-men 250 one time on eBay and when I went to ship it, I couldn't find it. Turns out, I had already sold it on Pedigree a couple of weeks earlier. So , I coughed up my own, a Winnipeg copy and sent it to the buyer. :censored:

Moral being, I guess we all screw up ever once in a while.

Thats why I focus on one run. It used to happen to me before but not anymore. I spend my hard earned cash on Copper and Modern X-Men

your focus is impresive. when you finish x-men what will you move on too?

retirement :wishluck:

I sold an Uncanny X-men 250 one time on eBay and when I went to ship it, I couldn't find it. Turns out, I had already sold it on Pedigree a couple of weeks earlier. So , I coughed up my own, a Winnipeg copy and sent it to the buyer. :censored:

I imagine this guy may have been using a list to sell his collection that may not have been updated from some previous sales. That would be my guess anyways.

I hope Sensei gets his Invaders books since they were from this same collection.

Thats why I focus on one run. It used to happen to me before but not anymore. I spend my hard earned cash on Copper and Modern X-Men

your focus is impresive. when you finish x-men what will you move on too?

retirement :wishluck:

Im going to look at your registry and whatever you are missing will be converted to my want list :devil:

You should screw up and sell me something I need