• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Situation resolved

49 posts in this topic

It's a part of eBays sellers rules that states you aren't allowed to pass on eBay or Paypal fees on to the buyer via S/H fees.

Actually, the policy is that you can't **state** that you are using a handling charge to pass on eBay or Paypal fees.

I hate it when i pay for secure shipping, and receive it in a flimsy envolpe.

Many times i have paid some crazy shipping charges, but i think, well at least it will be packed nice and safe in a box. For that charge he must be sending it packed this way, then a cheap envolope arrives :(

Regardless of the whole shipping overcharges, does the seller not deserve a neutral? I've never given one for this, but if a seller charges a lot for shipping, and then proceeds to send a comic the cheapest way possible, and horribly packages it in a unprotected envelope, should this fault be brought to the attention of other bidders? Sure, there's the whole "5-star" rating, but I am not sure yet how significant that rating system is. Shipping your purchase, the handling of your property, should be a fairly important role in the buying process.

Does it matter that the comic arrived safe and sound? Would the situation be different had it arrived all mangled? In this case, as in others, it seems luck played a larger role than the intent and packing ability of the seller.

Does it matter that the comic arrived safe and sound? Would the situation be different had it arrived all mangled?

Well, the situation would be dictated by the response of the seller if this did happen. Did they offer a refund? If so, then you still couldn't ding them. Was it cool for this seller to charge a lot for s/h? No, but did the buyer KNOW THIS? Yes. If he wants to make other buyers aware, he can always make a remark about high shipping and less than stellar packing in the remarks. You're not being a complete by negging the person or going neutral, but the comments can speak even louder.

It's a part of eBays sellers rules that states you aren't allowed to pass on eBay or Paypal fees on to the buyer via S/H fees.

Wasn't aware of that...I stand corrected on that point...but on that note this is just another aspect of the seller giving TMI...he didn't do anything wrong per se contractually...don't get me wrong...my brother buys 60s 45 RPM picture sleeves and has had some sent in a similar manner that we have commiserated on (as well as comics on my end)...bogus shipping methods no doubt...but this guy is out-of-line protesting the $6 shipping delta...on top of the fact that the guy offers total refund...is it just me or are people going out of their way these days to seek grief???

Yes to both questions. It was too much info on the part of the seller; charge the $7.50 for s/h and leave it at that. The buyer can read between the lines. And yes, like many other posters have said, it seems like there could be grief if the buyer doesn't just let it ride (aside from my previous suggested remarks).

I don't know what the complaint is about really.

Look on the bright side, at least postage only cost $7.50, try living in a place where it'll cost you a minimum of $20 each time you want a book.

And yes i have paid more in postage than what the book cost...sheesh!