• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

I'll be patient.  hopefully will sort out soon.  Ussed to be able to find anything even searching a few words that were used in a post.

• Administrator
On 11/13/2021 at 7:49 PM, kav said:

Tried using these to find the dumb movie things thread and a couple others-nada.

I have asked, and was told by the techs that google is not blocked.  They asked for examples.  I posted a few and haven't heard back.  @universal soldier is VERY tech savvy.  Maybe he will chime in again.  

On 11/13/2021 at 7:53 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have asked, and was told by the techs that google is not blocked.  They asked for examples.  I posted a few and haven't heard back.  @universal soldier is VERY tech savvy.  Maybe he will chime in again.  

:shy: :blush:

So I'm seeing better Google results. For instance searching for cgc comics eta returns a thread on the first page

2021-11-13_20-46-46.thumb.jpg.b9c1c3a533b9973c8648119c021bedbc.jpg

or cgc comics climbing

2021-11-13_20-49-05.thumb.jpg.a16256e738a0dd9325e82274f80a8764.jpg

Both show that Google is indexing the site and a bit more keyword centric. It will likely take some time to get back to what it was but I'll see what results I can get for some older threads.

@CGC Mike I still recommend they remove that entry from the robots.txt file. Google will not re-index those URLs since it has been instructed to not do so by that file. This will help speed up the re-index process IMO. 

Searching for cgc comics mylar guide still shows the old URL with no page information. Once they do Google will likely start to "find" the new URLs. Also, the tech team should make sure that the redirects from www.cgccomics.com/boards to boards.cgccomics.com are set-up as a 301. They should understand what I mean by that but this URL is a good point of reference.

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/crawling/301-redirects

2021-11-13_20-56-23.thumb.jpg.34d53ba550c9afffa694f9b0c0811d16.jpg

Edited by universal soldier
spelling & grammar

• Administrator
On 11/13/2021 at 9:02 PM, universal soldier said:

@CGC Mike I still recommend they remove that entry from the robots.txt file. Google will not re-index those URLs since it has been instructed to not do so by that file. This will help speed up the re-index process IMO. 

I will make sure to mention this to them.  Thanks!

On 11/13/2021 at 6:11 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will make sure to mention this to them.  Thanks!

It seems you can google threads from comics general but not water cooler.  Not sure abt other areas.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:01 PM, Beige said:

Fantastic.

Now perhaps you could sort out the books coming back damaged, the holders with chips, the absurd time it takes you to grade a book - and maybe hire some more QC guys, because the ones you have suck.

Oh, and If you happen to find an ASM Annual #1, Heavy Metal #1, Wonder Woman #23 or MSS #16 in the staff room, or gents toilets, would you mind being a sport and actually grade them and send them back?

That would be nice as the first book has been lost for a couple of months, and the other 3 approaching 10 - 11 months.

If you could, that would be awfully nice of you.

Are you telling me turn around times are 10-11 months? That is unforgivable. 

On 11/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, oakman29 said:

Are you telling me turn around times are 10-11 months? That is unforgivable. 

Ppl keep sending in books and clogging things up! :pullhair:

On 11/13/2021 at 9:28 PM, kav said:

It seems you can google threads from comics general but not water cooler.  Not sure abt other areas.

cgc comics pre-hero marvels returns 

as the first result in the Silver area. Multiple searches for topics from the water cooler return no results so @kav is correct there.

• Administrator

I will be submitting all the chat board problems to CGC on Monday.  Hopefully, they will be fixed soon.  

On 11/13/2021 at 6:42 PM, universal soldier said:

cgc comics pre-hero marvels returns 

as the first result in the Silver area. Multiple searches for topics from the water cooler return no results so @kav is correct there.

Kav is rarely correct , so he better relish in the moment.😂