• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 11/12/2021 at 9:17 PM, kav said:
On 11/12/2021 at 9:15 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will put you and @Galen130 in charge of rounding up people that want a grading contest, and post in this thread.  This will help me to convince my boss to approve it.  

best is to start sign up thread in comics general.  that way everyone will see it.

Not signup thread yet.  It isn't etched in stone.  We just need to show CGC that there is enough interest.  

On 11/12/2021 at 6:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

Not signup thread yet.  It isn't etched in stone.  We just need to show CGC that there is enough interest.  

what about a thread 'anyone interested in CGC sponsored grading contest?  Reply here'

On 11/12/2021 at 6:28 PM, CGC Mike said:

There have been talks about CGC hosting a grading contest on a regular basis.  Would anyone be interested in seeing this happen?  

That'd be great! Make it so.

@Galen130

On 11/12/2021 at 6:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

Doesnt CGC have some books in the vault that they had to replace that are still high dollar?  I remember the blue label-purple label-blue label book for one.  These would make great prizes.

• Administrator
On 11/12/2021 at 9:25 PM, kav said:

Doesnt CGC have some books in the vault that they had to replace that are still high dollar?  I remember the blue label-purple label-blue label book for one.  These would make great prizes.

We haven't discussed prizes in great detail but, I would guess there would be grading coupons/credit at minimum.  

On 11/12/2021 at 6:29 PM, CGC Mike said:

We haven't discussed prizes in great detail but, I would guess there would be grading coupons/credit at minimum.  

There has to be books.  I for one wouldnt enter contest without book prizes.  Let me know if I should start thread.

On 11/12/2021 at 6:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

Is there a way to PM all users?  hm

I have no idea but i wouldnt do it.  get like 500 PMs-

On 11/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, kav said:

On 11/12/2021 at 7:29 PM, CGC Mike said:

How about I have folks PM me if they're interested in order to keep a running list, while you and kav work on the minutiae.  This way, I won't lose track of who posts in here if interested.  I'm open to suggestions too. (worship)

Edited by Galen130

• Administrator
On 11/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, kav said:

There has to be books.  I for one wouldnt enter contest without book prizes.  Let me know if I should start thread.

Usually, some of the participating members donate books as prizes.  

On 11/12/2021 at 6:36 PM, CGC Mike said:

Usually, some of the participating members donate books as prizes.  

That would work.  Even if CGC doesnt want to donate books that would still work.  

On 11/12/2021 at 8:36 PM, Galen130 said:

I'm retired...gives me something to do. :roflmao:

You could look at the threads of past contests and PM people with a link the of cgc Mike's post about it...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/12/2021 at 7:41 PM, grendelbo said:

Past winners of board grading contests, sponsored by CGC or otherwise, should be grandfathered in. 😎

Maybe even be given a bye round or two for past excellence. :roflmao: