• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saddle City Comics new location grand opening
1 1

34 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 1:11 PM, bob jr said:

Looks like a nice comic shop (thumbsu

I assume this is Mr. Lopez, the presser's new shop? Looks like he spent a lot of money on new cabinets under his bin stock that hold his restock comics and toys. My LCS's recycled 30 year old glass display cases, and have 25 year old bashed in long boxes.

On 3/15/2023 at 11:13 PM, eddly said:

And now they are permanently closed. Nice guys, not sure what happened.

Hopefully, we see them at the Calgary show next month.

Now that is an organized store wow

EDIT 

On 3/15/2023 at 10:13 PM, eddly said:

And now they are permanently closed. Nice guys, not sure what happened.

Dang sorry to hear

Edited by xriddx

Too bad, I'll be in Calgary early August and was going to squeeze in a day of local shops. Any other stores recomended?

On 3/16/2023 at 7:44 PM, universal soldier said:

Too bad, I'll be in Calgary early August and was going to squeeze in a day of local shops. Any other stores recomended?

My LCS experience has been pretty dismal in both Calgary and Edmonton outside of picking up new floppies or collected editions.  You would be better meeting up with local boardies.  Have fun in Cowtown!

:bump:

Will be in Calgary and Lethbridge from the 4th to the 11th. Any local boardies in the area or any recomendations? Looks like there is a Showcase comics in Lethbridge that could be decent. I probably won't have a ton of time in Calgary as we'll be there to start but spending Saturday in Banff. Will be in Lethbridge most of the week with 2 days at Glacier National Park and probably a round of golf on the off day. Anyone local wants to meet, beers are on me. :cheers:

On 7/25/2023 at 6:20 PM, universal soldier said:

:bump:

Will be in Calgary and Lethbridge from the 4th to the 11th. Any local boardies in the area or any recomendations? Looks like there is a Showcase comics in Lethbridge that could be decent. I probably won't have a ton of time in Calgary as we'll be there to start but spending Saturday in Banff. Will be in Lethbridge most of the week with 2 days at Glacier National Park and probably a round of golf on the off day. Anyone local wants to meet, beers are on me. :cheers:

Calgary would be a better bet for comics if you can spare the time. I am not sure which stores have decent Bronze or older back stock now, but if you are looking for Copper and Modern then Another Dimension, either of the Phoenix locations, and Another Dimension are good places to start.

WRT Lethbridge, check out some of the antique and used book stores as well. They get in collections from time to time that are worth cherry picking from what I have been told by other collectors/dealers.

On 7/26/2023 at 12:56 PM, kimik said:

Calgary would be a better bet for comics if you can spare the time. I am not sure which stores have decent Bronze or older back stock now, but if you are looking for Copper and Modern then Another Dimension, either of the Phoenix locations, and Another Dimension are good places to start.

WRT Lethbridge, check out some of the antique and used book stores as well. They get in collections from time to time that are worth cherry picking from what I have been told by other collectors/dealers.

Thanks! I'll post back with my finds. Really looking for Bronze/Silver so hopefully I'll find some cool stuff :wishluck: