• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead: No One is Safe

458 posts in this topic

it would still be easier to get it out that way.

if it we're on his left hip it would be backwards and he'd have to turn it around

with one hand before he could use it. with it on his righ all he has to do is reach

over and he's good to go.

Was thinking the same thing... but couldn't he wear the holster inside his belt (thus flipping the grip to pointing forward) and shorten his reach a bit?

it would still be easier to get it out that way.

if it we're on his left hip it would be backwards and he'd have to turn it around

with one hand before he could use it. with it on his righ all he has to do is reach

over and he's good to go.

Was thinking the same thing... but couldn't he wear the holster inside his belt (thus flipping the grip to pointing forward) and shorten his reach a bit?

I doubt he would be able to draw the weapon at all that way.

Having been a police officer in the past, if he was wearing a standard issue police holster harness if you flipped it to the reverse the gun would be pressed tightly against the hip but the belt would be pushed away from the body2-3 inches. Basically the latch release would be pressed tighly against his body and it would be very hard to remove the gun.

He would be best off turning the belt so the holster rides mor forward to the font pocket and drawing across his body....or maybe adlard will give him a shoulder holster soon.

I know TMI.

C

I can't wait to see where Kirkman takes the story next. The "No One is Safe" title to the arc, in and of itself; hints that some drastic character losses may occur.

SPOILER

The whole key to where the story is going next is Dale's survival of the Zombie bite. You see Dale will be revealed to be an alien from another planet. His kind aren't affected by the Zombie's bite. His race will come to the planet and try to help Rick and the game control the Zombie population and mate with humans creating a half human race that can zombie bites. This new race (and Dale's) also don't come back as Zombie's upon death.

I've been picking up a trade every week and I think I'm all caught up.

Love this stuff.

Can't wait for the next trade.

Thinks a single or two are going to be my next SS slab quest.

I can't wait to see where Kirkman takes the story next. The "No One is Safe" title to the arc, in and of itself; hints that some drastic character losses may occur.

SPOILER

The whole key to where the story is going next is Dale's survival of the Zombie bite. You see Dale will be revealed to be an alien from another planet. His kind aren't affected by the Zombie's bite. His race will come to the planet and try to help Rick and the game control the Zombie population and mate with humans creating a half human race that can zombie bites. This new race (and Dale's) also don't come back as Zombie's upon death.

And that alien race is revealed to be Skrulls. Shortly after, Invincible and Walking Dead move to the Marvel Icon universe.

Pat

SPOILER

And that alien race is revealed to be Skrulls. Shortly after, Invincible and Walking Dead move to the Marvel Icon universe.

Pat

Well since you let THE BIG CAT out of the bag, I might as well reveal a little more info. Another one of Rick's crew is also one of these Skrulls. It's none other than Michonne. One clue was she was able to tame those 2 zombie's. Although she is portrayed as being schizophrenic, she is not. That is just a red herring. When she is apparently talking to herself she is really speaking to her commanding skrull who is aboard a ship.

I actually picked up a really cool Walking Dead poster from SDCC that has the tag line NO ONE IS SAFE with everyone in seperate but deadly perils...pretty cool!

Jon, is it the same poster that I posted at the beginning of this thread? And....do you have an extra? :wishluck:

I've apparently been buried in a coffin as I've totally neglected this series for some reason. Picked up TPB #1 (issues 1-6) and I am hooked. One thing I've noticed is that Tony Moore is no longer doing art for the series...Is Charlie Adlard any good? Continuity with the art is important for me...I've noticed the covers are looking a little less inspiring...

Unfortunately, I can't read any of the posts here b/c I don't want to be spoiled with what happens...but what I've read so far reminds me of many of the zombie movies I've seen...I can't wait to see how these characters evolve over time.

The whole Rick Grimms waking up in a hospital reminds me of the opening of 28 days later...and of course the social statements traditional in the vein of our Zombie Godfather is a nice touch.

Adlard art fits the series great! I did enjoy Tony's short run, but I think Adlard is just as good.

Completely Agreed!!! I'm glad you're enjoying the series so far Sterling! :applause:

I've apparently been buried in a coffin as I've totally neglected this series for some reason. Picked up TPB #1 (issues 1-6) and I am hooked. One thing I've noticed is that Tony Moore is no longer doing art for the series...Is Charlie Adlard any good? Continuity with the art is important for me...I've noticed the covers are looking a little less inspiring...

Unfortunately, I can't read any of the posts here b/c I don't want to be spoiled with what happens...but what I've read so far reminds me of many of the zombie movies I've seen...I can't wait to see how these characters evolve over time.

The whole Rick Grimms waking up in a hospital reminds me of the opening of 28 days later...and of course the social statements traditional in the vein of our Zombie Godfather is a nice touch.

Such a great series. As far as the art goes, I was pretty peeved when they switched from Moore to Adlard. I like Moore's stuff alot better, but Adlard grew on me. His stuff fits well with the mood of the book.

Agree with you on the 28 Days Later comment. When I first started reading the series I thought WD was everything that 28DL should have been (I still think so). 28DL was incredibly disappointing to me. WD blows me away every time a new trade comes out.

Not to be stupid, but I've been reading the TPBs...are the comics in B&W as well...

and if so...why?!?

Also, was Moore's departure planned? It would've been sweet to have the same collaborative team on the entire project...sigh...