• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead: No One is Safe

458 posts in this topic

Darn, I loved it. Wonder what the print run on the book was.

Sell well? Seemed like a low print run that immediately sold out.

Pat

I spent 5 minutes trying to find a nice copy, on top of the packaging and printing defects the book has doh!

Is anybody else tired of the red background on the covers? The last six have been done this way. The best covers are the ones with a little detail in them. Lately it looks like they were hurried.

Is anybody else tired of the red background on the covers? The last six have been done this way. The best covers are the ones with a little detail in them. Lately it looks like they were hurried.
Technically only the last five...and it was done to underscore the "NO ONE IS SAFE" arc. Starting with 49 the covers "go back to normal". I agree that some of Adlard's details have been a bit lacking...but with the last two I've been pretty impressed with the angles and artwork.

Just posted my review. For me, this was the best issue of the series so far.

http://weeklycomicbookreview.com/2008/04/05/the-walking-dead-48-review/

Yep, I agree too...I was concerned about the pacing but after hearing some feedback the pacing was required to give you that feeling that no time to think, do or die was important. Has there been a comic book where the number of characters have died exceeded the body count within this issue?

After a number of years in the prison, I am glad that we are out from under all of that. It's time for a new chapter, and I look forward to the progression of the series from here.

Pat

The print run for the series has maintained a steady 22,000. My guess is that many folks are buying up multiple copies which is causing supply to diminish. They might have to juice up the run.

You're wrong, I'm pretty sure it's around 30K

No I'm not wrong; Diamond's reported numbers are wrong. I go to cbgxtra.com. where's your source that makes you so confident?

According to my source, the print run has been stagnant at 22,000+ for a while now.

You have to keep in mind that it doesn't mean 22k or 30k sold to readers.

I mean I ordered 20 of #48 and have only sold 10 so far. The realistic number of those books that are actually bought and put in collections is probably around 70-75%

Technically only the last five...and it was done to underscore the "NO ONE IS SAFE" arc. Starting with 49 the covers "go back to normal". I agree that some of Adlard's details have been a bit lacking...but with the last two I've been pretty impressed with the angles and artwork.

I really liked the covers to 44, 46, 47 and 48 with the red background. I think along with 19, 8, 7, 6 and 4 they are among my favorites of the series.

Guess I should have continued using Quotes to get my answer:

Or a zombie makes love to a cow.

doh! Already happened in another zombie book.

Speaking of which, why did only 1 issue ever come out?

Pat

That's all he ever intended to write, it was a one-shot. To bad, it would make a fun series.

Pat

My print run question was in regards to Zombie King #0.

Pat

My print run question was in regards to Zombie King #0.

Pat

I love this spooning place. lol