• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd printing separate slot request

228 posts in this topic

:whistle:
Sweet book

zzz I don't understand why people waste their money buying additional printings let alone variant covers. It was nearly the death knell of comics or lest we forget. I feel we are being forced to reward this aspect of the hobby.

I disagree that myself and Casey are in the minority. Besides, just because you are satisfied doesn't make it right. Now if anyone wants to have a complete run in the registry, they are forced to buy books that they may not really have wanted in the first place. 2c

I'm trying to figure out why people want X-Men books in the first place :baiting:

I feel we are being forced to reward this aspect of the hobby.

Only if you take part in the Registry and cede control over to CGC, and let them determine what you collect.

Yes, but the registry is, for me, the only way of sharing my collection with others who enjoy the hobby. None of my friends collect comics. And see other collections I would never have had the chance to see. I applaud the registry for that.

I feel we are being forced to reward this aspect of the hobby.

Only if you take part in the Registry and cede control over to CGC, and let them determine what you collect.

I agree with Casey. I'm not sure I'm into all of this competition stuff anymore. I basically joined the registry to keep track of my books. I am seriously considering deleting my sets and finding another way to keep track of them.

Both of your guys are acting so childish. Like JC said, the registry is a way to keep track of your comics and show them off. No one is forcing you to buy the second print and variants. In reality you need the second prints to be completists. CGC did their job by giving an accurate list and slots of what is comics belong to a set. Just because CGC added second prints you need to buy them (shrug) Not at all. Keep the slots empty if thats what you want.