• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd printing separate slot request

228 posts in this topic

Still doesnt make it right since MANY other sets have variants and second printings included. The second prints and variants belong in their respective sets. Many will agree, many will not but in the end you need to do what is right.

I think anything that was available on the store or comic book shelves is fair game for the Registry. That includes price variants, 2nd/3rd printings, some manufactured variants, but obviously not stuff like RRP's, toy premiums or mail-ins.

That's just my view.

(thumbs u

She is giving everyone what they want. Some can choose the sets with the 2nds and variants and some can choose the sets without. At least that is my understanding of you her post. BTW... Thank you again Gemma. Maybe your new name should be Queen Solomon. :foryou:
Its BS if you ask me especially when I know I am right and Gemma agreed.

I have to have my set registered seperate from everyone now (shrug)

You can have it in both sets if you like. That way those who like to include all the variants will have a set to do so and those who don't don't. If, as you have said, there are lots of people who like to collect all those variants, you will not be alone. And others, like myself, who don't want to pursue those other printings and still have a complete set can and will. All it means are more sets and thus more choice.

Still doesnt make it right since MANY other sets have variants and second printings included. The second prints and variants belong in their respective sets. Many will agree, many will not but in the end you need to do what is right.

I think anything that was available on the store or comic book shelves is fair game for the Registry. That includes price variants, 2nd/3rd printings, some manufactured variants, but obviously not stuff like RRP's, toy premiums or mail-ins.

That's just my view.

(thumbs u

I concur. I like to collect the variants as well but that's just me.

She is giving everyone what they want. Some can choose the sets with the 2nds and variants and some can choose the sets without. At least that is my understanding of you her post. BTW... Thank you again Gemma. Maybe your new name should be Queen Solomon. :foryou:

I have to have my set registered separate from everyone now (shrug)

What makes you think that you will be by yourself? I can have a set with the variants and one without. We would never think of leaving you all alone. As tempting as the idea may be. hm

I have to have my set registered separate from everyone now (shrug)

You can have it in both sets if you like. That way those who like to include all the variants will have a set to do so and those who don't don't. If, as you have said, there are lots of people who like to collect all those variants, you will not be alone. And others, like myself, who don't want to pursue those other printings and still have a complete set can and will. All it means are more sets and thus more choice.

Choice. That's all we are talking about. The ability to choose. :golfclap:

When I requested the 144-300 set I expected to see just that, but they also put the Annuals and I understood because they belong there. I didnt particularly like it but I knew it was the right thing. The same goes with the second prints. They belong there. There is a reason why the book was printed, its not my fault you guys bought multiples of the first prints (which lead to the second prints being printed) :baiting:

When I requested the 144-300 set I expected to see just that, but they also put the Annuals and I understood because they belong there. I didnt particularly like it but I knew it was the right thing. The same goes with the second prints. They belong there. There is a reason why the book was printed, its not my fault you guys bought multiples of the first prints (which lead to the second prints being printed) :baiting:

lol maybe but it's the marketing dept that comes up with all the variant covers. hm

lol maybe but it's the marketing dept that comes up with all the variant covers. hm

Where do I mention variants? :baiting:

Where do I mention variants? :baiting:

You didn't but when you requested the 2nd printings it opened the flood gates for everything else. :sick:

Why are you still having a fit? Everybody is getting what they wanted. Where's the problem? (shrug)

Problem is there should not be seperate sets. The second prints belong in the main set whether you like it or not. Just because a couple of people complain, changes have to be made to accomadate people and make life easier. The second prints belong to the main set as they are second prints and not reprints. The were produced for a reason. They belong to the main set. If you dont like them.. leave the slot alone. How ridiculous will it be to have 4 sets of the same books (144-300, 201-300) .

The set should stay as is. If any changes are made because of hissy fits then that is f'ed up rantrant

Jim

Nothing against you, Barton, or Casey. I like all of you and I know all three of you are pizzed at me, but I like to speak my mind especially when I know I am right. I will fight for whats right. I think the set should stay as is.

No one's pissed. You got what you wanted. Other people got what they wanted. I plan on participating in both sets. It isn't about being right or wrong. No one said you were wrong. It is about choice. Now people will be able to choose the set in which they want to participate. As far as I am concerned everyone's a winner. There are no losers. I do not understand why you are so upset.

Jim

Nothing against you, Barton, or Casey. I like all of you and I know all three of you are pizzed at me, but I like to speak my mind especially when I know I am right. I will fight for whats right. I think the set should stay as is.

Danny, first let me apologize publically for being pissed. It was not personal just about this one topic. Second, you have your "complete" set with everything included, 1st prints,2nd prints, variants, etc. each with an individual slot. And, now we have our set with one slot per issue. Everyone is happy. Why don't you want everyone to be happy? (shrug) You accomplished quite a bit getting the CS staff to take notice of your request. Having the separate sets does not diminish that.