• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

was that the bedrock copy?

The bedrock copy is so low grade it makes that look like a 9.6.

I've had 3, the first one had no cover AND someone actually shot it with a gun...probably a bb gun, I hope...

So, your's CAN't possible be worse than that;)

I do own the Gator copy now;)

lol Mine does have a cover. Water stained, ripped up and loose...but a cover.

Refresh my memory on this "Gator" pedigree.

Probably one of my favorite books, although my scanner does not do slabs well (and since I don't have that many, it usually doesn't matter;)

ww70001-1.jpg

I've had 3, the first one had no cover AND someone actually shot it with a gun...probably a bb gun, I hope...

Probably one of my favorite books, although my scanner does not do slabs well (and since I don't have that many, it usually doesn't matter;)

ww70001-1.jpg

:cloud9:

ww70001-1.jpg

(worship)

ww70001-1.jpg

That's a beaut Sharon! (thumbs u

ww70001-1.jpg

If you ever sell that one Sharon I want first dibs!! That's a beauty! (worship)

ww70001-1.jpg

sorry...I have a clause with sharon that any book that goes from me to her (directly or indirectly) I get first shot back at :insane:

It's so true. Finding the books from 40 through 112 can be a definite challenge with the exception of a couple that seem to always crop up but only in low grade. I've really been focusing on finishing the silver age portion of the collection and I'm finally down to just needing 13 books (86, 90, 91, 93, 95, 96, 98, 102, 103, 106, 107, 108, 111.) Finding the Golden Age books has been easier in a lot of ways than the early SA stuff. Of course the GA books need 62 more to finish that lot. Anyone with any leads please let me know.

Going through this thread I have to compliment you all. There are some beautiful books listed and some amazing collections have been put together!

Welcome to the Boards and it's good to find another WW fan.

I once had less than 10 books needed to complete a full WW run and finally gave up. Some of these books must be non-existant in a decent grade ?!? The CGC census backs this up, example: my WW 111 is the only one in the census. It's no wonder it's on your want list. Raw scan, she's now a CGC Blue 8.5 .....

scan0239.jpg

I myself need only ONE more issue to complete my HG WW collection -- the elusive #101. I almost nailed the Nova Scotia copy a few years ago, but let it slip through my fingers....ah well. the search goes on...

sorry...I have a clause with sharon that any book that goes from me to her (directly or indirectly) I get first shot back at :insane:

:sumo: STEP AWAY FROM THE BOOK!

ww70001-1.jpg

sorry...I have a clause with sharon that any book that goes from me to her (directly or indirectly) I get first shot back at :insane: [/quote

Rick, how long did it take you to find the #7? That is a beaut!!! I need a 4 & 6 :frustrated:

ww70001-1.jpg

sorry...I have a clause with sharon that any book that goes from me to her (directly or indirectly) I get first shot back at :insane: [/quote

Rick, how long did it take you to find the #7? That is a beaut!!! I need a 4 & 6 :frustrated:

I got lucky...

picked up the 7,8.9 and 10 from one ebay seller... they had a great #6 I was going to win too, but they ended the auction 3 hours earlier than listed, so I lost out...

I have the Mile High of #4 (has slight resto) and the 6 is just a bear (mine is like a 1.8!)

ww70001-1.jpg

I got lucky...

picked up the 7,8.9 and 10 from one ebay seller... they had a great #6 I was going to win too, but they ended the auction 3 hours earlier than listed, so I lost out...

I have the Mile High of #4 (has slight resto) and the 6 is just a bear (mine is like a 1.8!)

The 6 is THE hardest in the run to find, bar none....

and you can ALL back away from the book;) That one is not for sale...unless someone finds me a nice VG/F and offers me a lot of money, lol...

Seriously, though, I don't get into male collections/vs female collections, because I don't do those kinds of differences, never did (I guess that's why I'm here;) ...but this is the one book, that belongs in a female collection:) It's why I was willing to pay for it, lol...and I still want to thank (((Gator)))

ww70001-1.jpg

But you already have so many lovely lovely books :cry: can't we all share?

I guess that just means I'll have to get you to sell me some of your beauties as they come up for sale :foryou:

sharon also got my first #2...a real nice looking VG if I recall (I upgraded later to a not as nice vg/fn that was more expensive)...funny how sometimes books look better than the grade...

now, did anyone see the HG # 7 on heritage... I lost it by 2 bids (too rich for my blood) and I saw that bedrock had a low grade #7 they sold... I have a vg raw right now, and Sharon got my nice copy, so maybe we can do a little trade :baiting:

The double cover #7 on heritage was amazing. Even the first cover 3.0 had nice eye appeal. Way too rich for me, but if I was fortunate enough to have won, that book would stay locked up in my collection.

Edited by airwalker

funny how sometimes books look better than the grade...

Which may say something more about the quality of the grading standard than the quality of the book...

funny how sometimes books look better than the grade...

Which may say something more about the quality of the grading standard than the quality of the book...

quite possibly true...

Like the Wonder Woman nut that I am I bought the two-disc special edition of the Animated movie that DC put out. Can't say I was thrilled with the animated movie they did. Way too much deviation from the traditional origins etc. But the documentaries on the second disc were excellent. They made it worth while. Anyone else seen them?

Like the Wonder Woman nut that I am I bought the two-disc special edition of the Animated movie that DC put out. Can't say I was thrilled with the animated movie they did. Way too much deviation from the traditional origins etc. But the documentaries on the second disc were excellent. They made it worth while. Anyone else seen them?
I too bought it, but haven't had time to watch it yet