• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just thought I would post a few more of my favorite Sensation covers.

Sensation18.jpg

Fantastic colors! :applause:

This upgrade just arrived. Slabbed in 2002, It has a prominent "D" in the upper left corner.

I'm hoping it's a "D" copy, but I have only one other book with a D that looks like this one, so I'm not sure hm

Maybe CGC can help me to determine this :idea:

Anyway, the book . . .

ww12Df.jpg

This upgrade just arrived. Slabbed in 2002, It has a prominent "D" in the upper left corner.

I'm hoping it's a "D" copy, but I have only one other book with a D that looks like this one, so I'm not sure hm

Maybe CGC can help me to determine this :idea:

Anyway, the book . . .

ww12Df.jpg

nice book... the "D" copies are the Crippen copies (as you know) and feature coding on the front page... cgc would have already noted if it was the crippen, but congrats none the less...upgrading is always fun!

True, but was the pedigree even recognized back in 2002 when the book was slabbed? Heritage broke the collection in 2006, isn't it possible this book was slabbed before CGC recognized the pedigree? I heard that some "D" copies were released to the market before the entire collection was discovered and assigned a pedigree. That said, I needed an upgrade anyway, but if it turned out to be a lost Crippen how cool would that be.

The D collection has been recognized since a small batch of books came to market in the early 90's....cgc has recognized them since 2000 inception...they used to just be labeled D now they are Crippen since we learned of their origin (thumbs u

I wonder why CGC doesn't list pedigree books in the census hm

like where are the comics from the gaps in the series of Wonder Woman "D" copies Heritage sold back in 2006.

back in the early 90's, a construction worker that worked on the Crippen house, supposedly "cherry" picked the better comics and they were brough to market... they became the "d" copies because of the "d- xxx-xxxx" code written on the top of the first splash page (no cover "d" designate the crippins, but the "d" code written on the interior)...

the girth of the collection was located and brought to market in 2006/7 by heritage, etc...at that point, all the "d" copies were now realized to be part of the "d"avis crippen collection...

as to where some copies have gone, anyone's guess...

I suppose that this is technically Silver Age, but its my first early WW.

I've decided that I want to collect a run of WW, probably from 80 - 110, because there are some really cool covers in that run.

I bought this off of Ebay as a Fine, but I think it is just a nice looking 4.0. I bought it expecting a 4.0 though, so I'm pretty content.

WW86.jpg

I suppose that this is technically Silver Age, but its my first early WW.

I've decided that I want to collect a run of WW, probably from 80 - 110, because there are some really cool covers in that run.

I bought this off of Ebay as a Fine, but I think it is just a nice looking 4.0. I bought it expecting a 4.0 though, so I'm pretty content.

WW86.jpg

:applause:

Welcome!