• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Those 3 Wonder Woman covers are awesome. The early Wonder Woman comics are under-valued for how great they are.

When Hollywood producers get their acts together, they'll make a modern Wonder Woman movie, and the value of the comics will explode. Mark my words. All they have to do is make a W.W. movie that is slightly better than mediocre, and every parent in the world will take their little girls to go see it.

So I've been thinking about starting to post my modest run of Wonder Woman comics, and tonight seemed as good as any to start. I will include where I picked up each book, mostly for my own interest as it chronicles the slow growth of the run.

I'll start with Number 1 which I don't have and I am not sure that I ever will. Not that I wouldn't like a copy, but I am not sure if I will ever want to spend that much money on a comic. I would probably be looking for something with good eye appeal in the 4.0 -5.0 range. As always it has to be the right book at the right time at the right price.

Without further ado here is #2 (from a Heritage auction.)

WonderWoman2.jpg

Now number 3 is a at the top of my want list. There have been a couple of copies on the boards in the last while - G.A.tor's 5.5 which I hesitated on because of the slight miswrap/miscut even though was offered at a great price, and there was a 6.5 awhile ago which was quite nice but the price seemed a bit high. Oh well the search continues.

On to #4 (also from Heritage.)

WonderWoman4.jpg

Here's #5. I bought it from Metropolis at the SDCC in 2008.

WonderWoman5.jpg

The 6 is also by way of a Heritage auction.

WonderWoman6.jpg

I bought the 7 from Bruno M. from Montreal back in the mid 90's. It was the first GA Wonder Woman I owned.

WonderWoman7.jpg

#11. I bought this from Chris Foss in 2002 at Wizard World Chicago. He gave me a really good deal on a really great copy.

WonderWoman11.jpg

I bought #12 from Ed Jaster (pre-Heritage) in 2001 in Charlotte.

WonderWoman12.jpg

I also bought the #13 in Charlotte in 2001, but I do not know the name of the dealer.

WonderWoman13.jpg

Nice books! That #3 is a toughy.

That #6 & #7 are :cloud9:

:whee:

What can I say, great minds think alike.

That #11 is pretty amazing too :o

WonderWoman11.jpg

great minds and great collectors!

Another of the tough to get books crossed off the list...

WonderWoman45001.jpg

One of my all time favorites. Looks like a nice copy, congrats. It's not a tough book

to find but difficult in a decent grade. This book was on the stands when I was born, many years ago.

I agree this is one of the best WW covers. :luhv: